Reviews (2 381)
2 381 results
1 053
1 053
All reviews every half hour shuttle bus tsogo sun shuttle service large hotel concierge desk business trip business hotel breakfast buffet water front excellent hotel stayed here for nights the hotel offers easy access enjoyed my stay table mountain south africa
244 - 249 of 2 381 reviews
Reviewed 31 December 2017

Always a great experience to stay at this establishment. The location is perfect and the ambience is awesome. Great experience, overall. I will always recommend southern sun waterfront to my friends and colleagues

1  Thank georgemcoza
Pieter T, Manager at Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Dear georgermcoza

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback following your stay with us.

We are pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay.
We thank you for support.

This is in no way a 4 star outfit
Rooms are tiny boxes you find in a 2 star hotel
Only good aspect if you can call it is it’s location near the waterfront
Tiny bottles of water supplied in rooms - what an insult
Never book a holiday through Somak

Dear rajp465

Thank you for providing us with feedback following your recent stay with us.

It is noted with concern that our rooms as well as the daily complimentary water supply did not quite meet your expectations. Rest assured of management's effort to continuously improve on the areas of service in which you raised your concerns.

Thank you for staying with us.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 29 December 2017

It blows me away to discover that a company (Tsogo Sun) that owns over 100 hotels doesn't realize the importance of access to the Internet. We've stayed at lots of hotels that have mediocre Wi-Fi, but this one was the worst...
▶ They cut off your "free" access to the Internet & make you pay a third party (called AlwaysOn) after a certain amount of data is used. I wasn't watching videos or doing anything that was data-intensive. When I called for support, to get connected again, the guy on the phone said I had already used 500 MB of data which seemed quite impossible for the time I was connected.
▶ I've never had so many hacker alerts brought up by my firewall software on any Wi-Fi connection in any country.

So the bottom line is that Southern Sun Waterfront Hotel—like the USA's FCC—fails to realize that in the 21st century, Internet access should be thought of as a utility that you provide along with electricity and water.

We stayed there as a family and had four rooms. All four rooms had the same issue. The hotel staff did nothing to solve our dissatisfaction, referring us to AlwaysOn which required that we pay for additional Internet access beyond our first hour.

It's a shame that this horrible choice of Wi-Fi service by their management ruined our [otherwise comfortable] stay. I wouldn't stay at this hotel again anyway because the "walkability" to find restaurants, shops or sightseeing nearby was not very good.

Room Tip: High floor room facing the water.
1  Thank Veloman9

Dear Veloman9

Thank you for providing us with feedback following your recent stay with us.

It is noted with concern that our WIFI offering negatively impacted your stay with us. Rest assured of management's effort to continuously improve on the areas of service in which you raised your concerns.

Thank you for staying with us.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 29 December 2017

The room was very comfortable and clean.
The shower was amazing.
Free WiFi was limited to 500mb, not enough if you want to download for a long flight.
On check out I had to pay a tourist tax which I didn't have to pay at any of the other 3 hotels I stayed at. Ruined how I felt about staying here

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

Dear tuttdle

We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.
It is noted with concern that our WIFI offering did not quote meet your expectations. Rest assured of managements efforts to continuously improve on our offerings after receiving detailed feedback such as yours.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 5 days and it was good experience. Rooms are not big but very clean and nicely decorated. Breakfast is rich with good variety of food. The pool is small. They have the shuttle bus to the city but it’s timetable is quite odd. Although it is a really huge hotel one does not have feeling of that.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Dundula

We are pleased to see that our facilities as well as our Shuttle service exceeded your expectations.