Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Southern Sun The Cullinan(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
The Westin Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Urban Hip Icon Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Restaurant
The New Tulbagh Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
Capetonian Hotel(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
The Penthouse Collection(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
Reviews (2 281)
2 281 results
1 005
1 005
All reviewsevery half hourshuttle bustsogo sunshuttle serviceconcierge desklarge hotelbreakfast buffetwater frontbusiness tripbusiness hoteleasy accessstayed here for nightsper dayenjoyed my staytable mountainsouth africalong street
264 - 269 of 2 281 reviews
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I have visited quite a few of The Southern Sun hotels, it is not the best but it is still quite lovely. We arrived to friendly faces and a warm South African welcome. The dinner was a huge thumbs up for me, the hosts and waiters were just heavenly sent, they were so friendly and caring- they catered to our every need. The rooms are comfortable although we had really noisy neighbors in the room next to us. My only downside was, I accidentally locked myself out of my room, and there was this lady who works for the hotel and I asked her to please open my room since she has an all access key. She rudely said that she won't use her card and I should go to reception, on top of that she rolled her eyes. That was even my last day and all I wanted was my luggage. I left the hotel very angry and disappointed. But I won't hold one rude employee against the entire hotel, I enjoyed my stay up until the last day.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms' views are blocked by a tall blue FNB building
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Pieter T, Manager at Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear EricaMwinga

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback following your recent stay in Cape Town.

We are pleased to see that you were satisfied with our services, especially our food and beverage department.

The team and I are looking forward to potentially welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Nós tivemos uma experiência muito desagradável com o atendimento da recepção deste hotel.
As acomodações são boas para um hotel executivo, tem um transfer para o waterfront, o atendimento do concierge é muito atencioso, mas a recepção deixou muito a desejar.
Em um determinado momento de nossa estadia, tive um problema com o acesso à internet, que é limitada à 500MB por aparelho. Quando liguei na recepção, a recepcionista pediu que eu fosse pessoalmente para conversarmos. Quando cheguei à recepção, a senhora Azipheli me destratou e passou o atendimento para o senhor Mtembeni, quando pedi a ele que vinculasse o meu número de hospede frequente ao quarto, ele me disse que não o faria, pois eu não tenho o perfil do hóspede frequente que eles desejam para a rede. Não sei exatamente qual é o perfil de hóspede frequente que esta rede deseja, mas alguem que faz ao menos uma viagem internacional a lazer por ano e viaja em torno de 70% do tempo a trabalho, não me parece um perfil ruim de hóspede frequente.
Fiquei extremamente decepcionada com esse atendimento, pois em toda a nossa estadia na África do Sul (8 hotéis, incluindo esse) eu fui muito bem tratada. Esse hotel foi uma exceção, uma exceção ruim.

---

We had a very unpleasant experience with the front desk attendance at this hotel.
The accommodations are good for an executive hotel, it has a shuttle to the waterfront, the concierge is very attentive but the front desk left a lot to be desired.
At one point in our stay, I had a problem with internet access, which is limited to 500MB per device. When I called the front desk, the receptionist asked me to go in person to talk. When I arrived at the reception, Mrs. Azipheli disowned me and Mr. Mtembeni attended me, when I asked him to link my frequent guest number to the room, he told me wouldnt do so, because I don't have the guest's profile they wanted. I don't know exactly what is the frequent guest profile they want, but someone who makes at least one international leisure trip per year and travels around 70% of the time for work does not seem to me a bad profile of a frequent guest.
I was extremely disappointed with this service, as throughout our stay in South Africa (8 hotels, including this one) we were treated very well. This hotel was an exception, a bad exception.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Pieter T, Manager at Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Dear Rafaella P

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay in Cape Town.

We are happy to hear that our overall service met your expectations.
Your concerns regarding the front desk have already been addressed.

The team and I are looking forward to potentially having another chance to provide you with the service levels we here at Southern Sun Waterfront pride ourselves in.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We were in Cape Town for the last 6 days of our trip and chose a hotel so we could relax and enjoy. We certainly did that from the moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome. Every member of staff was friendly, approachable and nothing was too much. They all spoke to the children as well which made them feel included.
Breakfast was spectacular, so much choice and all fresh. We had dinner twice and both times it was delicious and the service was first class.
The rooms were very comfortable and we had a great view.
The hotel was spotlessly clean.
The shuttle to the waterfront was a brilliant service which we used a lot!
The position of the hotel was perfect for getting around.
We had a wonderful experience and didn't want to leave. It was a great end to the holiday.

Dear Emmarc817

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback following your stay with us.

I am happy to see you and your family had such a great stay at our hotel.

I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back again for your next holiday in Cape Town.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 5 September 2017

From the time of my booking to check-in I had the most amazing support from the staff. I thank you for a wonderful stay. My family enjoyed every minute of the stay at the hotel. The cleanliness and attitude of the staff was excellent. Keep up the good service

Dear mnnaidoo

The entire team is happy to hear you had such a wonderful experience.

I trust we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Great service and great food with smiling faces from all staff.. The team welcomes you with a very warm reception. Throughout my stay, people wanted affirmation that the stay was comfortable. Greeting personnel also continually ensure that you feel welcome at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Thank you for your positive comments following your stay with us.

We are pleased to see you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and our service.

The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Cape Town.