“Amazing value and superb Tapas style Dining”
Review of Chefs Warehouse

Chefs Warehouse
Ranked #3 of 1 207 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

There is only two options on the menu... oysters and a 3 course Tapas feast consisting of 3 dishes to share per course. We opted for both and were certainly not disappointed! The oysters were very fresh and Cape with a beautiful Vietnamese dressing and the tapas feast was imaginative with a South East Asain / South African fusion. We also opted for a dessert at the end to share which was delicious. Extremely good value for money and excellent food

Write a ReviewReviews (1 063)

36 - 40 of 1 064 reviews

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

We happened to be around the area and drop by to verify the rave about this place and we end up with one of the best lunch in Cape Town. One can imagine the tremendous amount of thoughts into the preparation. Even their coffee is very well made! Worth a visit for sure.

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

All my mates who’ve been to CPT were raving about this place and I agree with them wholeheartedly.

Because I didn’t have any lunch i went in at 1630 right as they opened so pretty much had the place to myself for a little bit to take in all of it.

The service crew is a well oiled machine and the proximity to the kitchen means you’ll hear how they communicate as well. Dishes come out like clockwork.

I sampled the Vietnamese oysters first. These guys are perfect. Meaty but with a very smooth consistency, not bity. And huge ! I loved the sesame oil based sauce served on the side. The texture of the sliced seaweed and brunoise cucumber really dance together.

My next dish should on paper be my fav since I love tuna tartare but I found this one too salty to be perfect. The salt taste (soy? nuoc mam?) drowned out most other flavors in the bowl.

The yellow tail sashimi with coco nut was superb. Freshest fish, subtle flavors. Bit of a bite to it as well, yummy!

I really enjoyed the food and even the minimalist no-nonsense, pure approach of the place. I can see why they tend to pack out during the evenings and I witnessed many attempts by locals to ‘arrange’ something with the waiting crew having to resist these in a nice way (they did)

Definitely put this on your CPT places to visit list !

Reviewed 22 December 2017

A small restaurant with limited seating but well worth the visit.
Here you get a 4 or 5 course meal paired with different wines.
The choices are excellently prepared by Masterchef Liam Tomlin who owns the restaurant with his wife.
Anything required in a chef's kitchen is also for sale here.
Well worth the visit.

If you're waiting for tour table, just go outside in their cave like canteen and have a drink there. Wine selections are very good.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Impromptu lunch at Chefs Warehouse & Canteen, Bree St on Tuesday was a cut above. 8 course tasting menu for 2, R350 each (c£20), proved outstanding value. Sublime Asian fusion, thoughtful wine list, accomplished cooking, slick service. Won't forget the Yellowtail ceviche in a hurry. Clever boy that Liam. Loved every minute.