“Simply divine!”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 November 2016

This was my first visit and I must say I was impressed.
Good location in the heart of the city. They do not take reservations, but we were lucky to be late (13.15) for lunch and got immediately a table.
Staff is very friendly and helpful, they try their best to accommodate you, really good.
And the food, what can I say, the Tapas menu is really outstanding. Simple Things like a Thai salad are so tasty, really one of the best I ever had. All dishes were excellent, Pork belly, venison etc., all really got the wow factor. Only small negative point: the risotto was slightly overcooked. But then the desserts were divine again, passion fruit Creme brûlée, coconut panna cotta, chocolate tarte, so delicious!
Really outstanding food, and this for a very good value! For me definitely one of the best food in Cape Town. it is a casual place, for me perfect for a casual lunch! I will definitely return!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 125)

368 - 372 of 1 125 reviews

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

We loved everything about dinner at this restaurant. I love tapas and having the set menu of 8 dishes for 2 to share encourages you to try different things. I don't eat meat but with 2 veggie options, 4 fish and 2 meat it didn't matter at all and they seemed pretty flexible. The food presentation is beautiful and the textures, flavour and care taken over every dish is impressive. We had dessert too and it was lovely. Service couldn't be faulted. They don't take bookings so worth not arriving too late. I highly recommend.

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Last year we could not get a table (they do not take reservations), but this year we were there when they opened 16:30 and did. The menu is set, you do not get to choose what to have. But each of the tapas served were delicious. Nice presentation and high quality foods. Service is also good for Cape Town - not too long a wait for drinks and bill. Definitely recommendable!

Reviewed 15 November 2016

While the 8 course tapas/tasting menu was absolutely delicious, I feel the price tag of R1800 for 4 people (2 x tasting menu, one bottle of water and a bottle of wine), was completely excessive. As much as I enjoyed the meal, I wont be back. Sorry.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

Food was absolutely amazing!

Love the idea of tasting and sharing small dishes!

Outside seating was a bit snug... so if you're in the mood to make new friends, this is bound to happen :)