“Creatively Delicious Tapas”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2016

Absolutely loved my experience at the Chefs Warehouse and canteen. Visited with a good friend (who happens to be a top SA chef) and enjoyed every mouthful. The menu is made up of six set dishes (which change by the hour according the the ingredients available), and is served over three courses, each dish matching the first in taste and creativity. I really can't rave about the food enough.
We were seated inside on long bench tables and low stools which gives the restaurant an informal feel. The service was great and the wine list just as good. Prices were also not bad for a highly rated central Cape Town spot. Wish I lived closer so that I could go here more often!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 125)

404 - 408 of 1 125 reviews

Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

This place is just fantastic! Very small and you can't book but you won't be disappointed. The menu changes every night and the food on offer was just beautiful. I would highly recommend you go here. Not good for groups over four people though as not large enough.

Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

Came here because Black Sheep didn't have bookings. Snagged a table very easily as it wasn't too full. The 8 course tapas for two is the standard fare. Our menu consisted of calamari, tuna tartare, yellowtail with rice noodles, corn & goat cheese risotto, tempura leeks & onions, Vietnamese salad with ham, Venison, and Entrecôte. We had had a late lunch and didn't expect to have so much food for dinner. I wish I had more room in my stomach because everything was delicious. Some dishes were a bit heavy and rich and maybe having a couple more acidic and vibrant dishes to mix up the palate a bit would have made it more interesting. The flavors were spot on and the food was well-seasoned.

Reviewed 6 October 2016

It was great! Go early or go late to get seated without a wait (but don't go too late as 8:00 is the cutoff). Don't forget dessert.

Reviewed 6 October 2016

Now for 2 years I've been saying my top spot on the culinary food map in Cape Town is Chef's Warehouse. What better place for a foodie to sample and share 8 different places of usually outstanding quality and taste and style! And when I reccommend a place so frequently and highly, I mean it, and I give assurance of the best meal out. The first round of plates last night made gave me affirmation once again that my tapas sharing partner and I were in for a treat! Exquisite plating and unbelievable tastes - the yellow sashimi with black bean salsa blew my partners mind and the squid with nori puree and pickles was amazing! Next up, an overly salted onion risotto - but with beautifully caramalized onions on top - , then a vegetable 'Grecque' which stunned me in its lack of taste and meaning? The kingklip was slightly overcooked, the pork fillet was okay, the beef tartare lacked seasoning, taste and lustre. So the meal went from amazing to underwhelming each round, I feel let down. Judging from last night, Chef Liam is concentrating too much on his other ventures and consulting, and has taken his eye off the ball at Chef's Warehouse... pull your socks up Chef and give me confidence again in my favorite restaurant!