All reviews signal hill bo kaap rooms are small free secure parking an overnight stay twin room stayed for one night other guests laundry service common areas comfortable stay breakfast room stay in cape town rental car a great place to stay location is great table mountain
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed one night the room felt clean. But my bag was stored in the store room in the reception. The manager said he would look after them till we could collect them later that day. And somebody went through my large backpack and stole money. Management were very un helpful.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tasha O
Reviewed 4 December 2017

The localization of the hotel is really nice with an amazing view and it's close of the center of Cap Town
We are just a little bit disappointed because we have been awakened very early at the morning by the noise of the Staff..

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank JonathanLar
Reviewed 30 November 2017

We stayed for 1 night while on a quick visit to CT. Firstly, we were surprised by the location which is halfway up Signal Hill and not in the best area of CT. Although the views over the city are spectacular it is not possible to walk to any of the local attractions from the guest house. We were hoping to be more central and that the city would be accessible by foot. However, that I suppose is our issue in that we should have confirmed the location before we booked.
The twin room (we specifically booked a twin so no complaint there) was on the lowest floor of what we guess is a 4 level property and tucked into a corner. The room was extremely small with no space for a large suitcase and certainly no room for anything except the beds.
The bathroom was directly at the end of the beds and closed off from the room by an opaque glass door which provided very little visual and sound privacy - not pleasant at all. The basin was also very small and the water system, between shower and basin, was unusual to say the least.
Tea and coffee were provided but only 1 Ceylon teabag and 1 Rooibos teabag. So no option to have 2 cups of either. I suppose we could have asked but that is the last thing one wants to do when you make your early morning cup of tea. Very simple to provide multiple teabags of each type.
In summary, a disappointing visit all round and in our view very poor value in terms of cost (R1,440.00 for the one night) and overall experience. We would have expected way more for the price and the 4-star rating

Room Tip: Do not choose 105......
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Signal Hill Lodge on a business trip with a colleague. It is rated 4 star so we had a different expectation to the reality.
- the view from the hotel is lovely
- the drive up Signal Hill to the lodge takes you past a small squatter camp. I'm not sure I would feel safe if I was on my own in the car
- the twin room we stayed in was VERY small. I couldn't sit on my bed without my knees touching the other bed.
- the bathroom door is sandblasted glass and has large gaps on both sides (it doesn't fit the door frame properly). If I was with my husband with would be ok, but being with a work colleague wasn't ideal. The one bed was 30cm from the bathroom door so we had a clear view into the very small bathroom (toilet and shower). Awkward!!
- there were no taps for the basin and shower! Rather a contraption on the wall with a lever to move in one direction for basin water and another for shower water. There were three temperature settings: warm, hot and boiling hot. I found this incredibly weird and made me feel like I was backpacking or camping.
- on two occasions we needed someone at reception and there was no one to be found. We had to phone the hotel and call someone to the front desk.
- a small bar was one floor above our room and on our first night we were kept awake till 1am by very loud tourists. Eventually I walked up the stairs in my pyjamas and asked them to please keep it down a little as we could hear every word of their conversation down the staircase and couldn't sleep.

I would not stay there again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2017

What a hidden gem. Best rooms balcony with view over mountains and city. Lights at night a spectacular sight.Friendly staff going out of their way to help you.Bar well stock. Alovely place to stay a fortnight

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple