“Great pizza place”

Bella Italia
Ranked #335 of 1 257 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Bella Italia has been a landmark in Sea Point for 15 years. Originally, the ever popular Caponero which was an institution in Sea Point in the 70's. Family owned and run, expect to get your home cooked Italian food including delicious desserts made my the owners wife. A wood fire pizza oven producing the best thin based pizza in Sea Point! Open for coffee & breakfasts as Bella Italia Espresso bar.
Reviewed 8 December 2016

You like a de pizza? Well this is a pizza place...great choice and always delicious...eat in or take away it's your choice...good for a quick meal...lively atmosphere...

Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

Called in for a quick bite to eat, staff were very welcoming and friendly, I ordered a ham & cheese toastie service was quick and food was nice, will be returning to try the meatballs which my friend said were delicious

Reviewed 28 November 2016

I was hesitant becasue there were a few negative reviews but to my surprise the pizza was absolutely excellent. Too many pizzas nowadays have an insufficient amount of napoli added to the base before the cheese and toppings but Bella really get it right, the result a juicy but thin base with just the right amount of cheese. the service is not bad its just kind naive but you get your order in time. The atmosphere is a bit hicky but I wasnt exactly there at a vibey time but you can retreat inside and do the candle-light it if you want or just hang by the street side and cath the street cafe buzz. Drinks were cold and I just love italian that you dont need to ask for Chilli, Garlic and Parmagano on the table, will visit again for sure.

Reviewed 28 November 2016

We ate here whilst staying at the Radisson Blu and it was a short walk from hotel.
Service a little slow, as it was not that busy.
Food was fine, and they cater for gluten free which is good. I enjoyed a nice Veggie Pizza. Wine was good and they have good food for children.

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

Drove down the main road looking for a pasta/Italian restaurant and saw a cozy, busy looking place.

Firstly we waited 10mins for the waitress to attend us, we understand it's busy and there are lots of tables but is it not priority to just greet new customers and let them know you will tend to them shortly.

Placed our drink and meal orders together. 3 of the 4 drinks came quick while the last (a coffee) came after the two pastas arrived. Then we were told to wait for the last two meals (pizzas). Is it not restaurant courtesy to apologize for any wait or delay? Keeping in mind this is the second. Once the food was delivered the waitress never came back to the table.

Disregard the fact that a pasta has been untouched for several minutes while she (the waitress) was passing by and neglecting to offer a take-away container. We have been to many restaurants and work in the hospitality industry, service is a key aspect of a well-driven business, one which this restaurant lacks.

Not extraordinary things, just basics. Will not return to Bella Italia Napoli.

MoyahMerola, Owner at Bella Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2016

Hi there

Thanks for your review. I am sorry to hear that our service did not meet your expectation. Did you raise any of your concerns to the manager on duty? I would appreciate it if you could please drop me a note with the date and time of your visit and the waitresses name if possible so I can look into the matter. Regards, Moyah Merola