Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town
US$235
US$216
US$139
  • Restaurant
Protea Hotel Cape Town Victoria Junction(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$165
Protea Hotels
  • Pool
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$88
  • Breakfast included
Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$121
Protea Hotels
  • Pool
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$209
US$204
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$132
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$77
  • Bar/Lounge
ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn On The Square(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$72
  • Pool
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$790
US$751
Reviews (1 050)
1 050 results
All reviewsshark cagelong streettrendy hoteltable mountainstandard roomthe general managercable carbars and restaurantscamps baykloof streetmilkshakeswaterfrontloftsexecutiverandlaptopct
6 - 11 of 1 050 reviews
Reviewed 23 March 2018

I enjoyed my stay at the Fire & Ice hotel in Cape Town. The hotel is very new, so the sleeping room was immaculate. Very comfortable bed, good shower, and enough room for closet space and a desk for this business traveler. I liked the restaurant although the music on the speakers is kept quite loud all day. The food was very good, large portions and generous pours on the glasses of wine. The front desk was very helpful and the meeting that was held there had state-of-the-art audiovisual and sound equipment. Catering for the meeting was also very good. The breakfast in the morning was very affordable with lots of option (and excellent hot coffee!).

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Anso V, General Manager at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

On behalf of the entire hotel team, we want to thank you for sharing your most memorable experiences with us during your recent stay at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Cape Town.

Please note your feedback has been shared with the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver great experiences. Thank you for staying at the Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Cape Town and we hope you choose to create more memories here whenever your travels bring you back to Cape Town.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed for a week and it felt like a year! Firstly we were a group with same booking and other rooms had welcome refreshments and some didn't, including mine. When we told the manager who was on duty he just laughed and said it's not him but the potters.... The food at the restaurant was just BAD and this is a polite word to describe it. We would wait for about 30 mins to recieve an order if they didn't forget it which was always the case. We had many complaints and I even wrote to the GM who didn't even bother to reply.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Anso V, General Manager at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Dear Ntombikhona K

I am really sorry to see you didn't have a pleasant stay at the hotel. I tried contacting you yesterday, but unfortunately the only number we have for you seems to be incorrect. Your colleagues and I spoke during the groups stay and we were able to assist with the meal requests.

Regrettably I didn't receive your email, however I will ask the travel agent to put us in touch with each other on Monday morning.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Regards,
Anso V

Reviewed 15 February 2018

From check in and during my stay service at this hotel is poor. At Check in I was told to go to the wrong floor for my room, even after confirming twice. I received 2 emails and a phone call to confirm i was checking in, even after i'd checked in. I turned on the "Do Not Disturb" sign (electronic not a door sign) and left my room for a meeting, only to come back and someone had been in my room to put stuff on the desk. I'd normally not mind, but I'd unpacked my bag and left my wallet, and laptop in there. Doesn't help to have a do not disturb sign if people aren't going to adhere to it. First time staying here to try it out. I'll give it a miss next time

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Anso V, General Manager at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear SA_Business_Traveler

Thank you for bringing the shortcomings to our attention during your stay.
Once again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.
We shared the feedback with the departments and will continue to improve our service.
I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back.

Kind Regards,
Anso Venter

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed at this many times and always liked the funky atmosphere.

This was my second visit in a row where on checking in, the reception staff neglect to imprint my credit card and then later refuse to sign orders to my room account.

This makes for an uneasy experience when entertaining my guests in the bar/ restaurant. Despite the fact that I know certain staff by name, I feel like a criminal when I get walked around to find POS terminals to settle individual bills.

Rooms are also small, windows don’t open and aircons don’t work.

I will unfortunately be changing hotel partners for our company’s trips to CT.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Anso V, General Manager at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Dear Ben G

Thank you for choosing the Protea Hotel Fire & Ice for your recent travels to Cape Town.

Thank you for your time in getting back to us! I am delighted to hear about how much you enjoyed the atmosphere with our team.

My apologies for the inconvenience caused throughout your stay in regards to the front desk team, I would like to assure you higher management will be taking necessary steps to ensure the Training of Front desk and communication of the food and beverage Department.

I am pleased to know you were well taken care off by the team on previous stays and can remember associates by name.

We will be taking your feedback in mind with our air cons as we are currently working on a project to replace all mechanisms for better comfortability in rooms.

We look forward welcoming you back again!

Regards,
Anso V

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Really nice hotel. Lovely decor. Good location. Quiet.
Rooms are very small, hotel is very clean.
Prices in the bar are good, however the service is quite slow.
Reception staff very friendly, and customer service is great. Would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Anso V, General Manager at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Dear Mark K

Thank you for choosing the Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Cape Town for your recent travels to Cape Town.

Commitment to service and guest satisfaction is a main focus and we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. The pride and dedication our hotel team takes in providing exceptional customer service to our valued guests speaks strongly to our company’s core values, “good service at a fair price.”

Thank you for your feedback regarding the service in the bar, I have noted this to the TEAM to ensure this does not happen going forward

Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback on the Guest Satisfaction Survey and we look forward to serving you again soon!