Reviews (1 080)
1 080 results
All reviews long street trendy hotel table mountain standard room bars and restaurants camps bay kloof street milkshakes waterfront lofts executive rand laptop ct uber boutique
40 - 45 of 1 080 reviews
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

I had lunch at the restaurant and was truly amazed at the vegetarian dishes. We tried the veg stacker, veg burger, Italian job and lasagna, in fact for of the 5 vegetarian dishes. All were really tasty. Dining with the entertainer vouchers enables you to get more for your money. Atmosphere great, meals very tasty and service quite good. Starter bread is complementary but we did not get ours. We only noticed it noted on the bill. When we enquirer, we were given 2 instead of 4. We only discovered this at home, because we asked for it to be packed. Do make sure to get the bread as it is really good

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank niruDurbs
Anso V, General Manager at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Dear NiruDurbs,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent dining experience at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town.

I do apologize for the confusion noted on your bill, training will be provided to the Food & Beverage STAFF to ensure this does not happen again.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Anso V

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Your typical average hotel. Excellent location, but everything else is pretty average. The rooms are small and very European business-like. There is not enough closet space for your clothes in a standard room. It is small for two people. I didn't even have the full set of toiletries when I checked in. All I found was a tube of lotion. I had to call housekeeping to get additional supplies. Also, the room wasn't clean when I checked in - there was hair in the bathroom sink.

While Marriott has taken over Protea hotels in Africa, they haven't done a good job of training the staff. There was never a mention of my Gold status and I was not once offered an upgrade. Granted the upgrades are based on availability, but at least acknowledging the Gold status is something that is standard practice at Marriott hotels.

I appreciated the various signs urging to save water. Cape Town is experiencing a severe water shortage and we all should do our part towards conserving water.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo

Dear The_Nomadic_Doctor,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent Marriott Rewards Members from not being acknowledged.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Cape Town

Anso V

Reviewed 13 January 2018

Just completed a 4 night stay here in one of the executive duplexes which are really a good idea and pretty well done with a large dining table, with a kitchen that is adequately equipped with coffee making facilities, fridge etc. There was plenty of room there although the sofa space was inadequate for 4 people in my opinion. The beds were great - very comfortable and the two rooms well appointed with very nice showers.

However there were some issues with our stay that could be dismissed as quirky but were irksome during our stay. The first is the location of the executive duplexes that necessitate descending in the lift into either the street where you then walk to reception, or else to the parking lot through which you transit to reception. This is weird - you effectively have to go outside to get to reception.

The advantage of this area is it is certainly quiet while the rest of the hotel looks far more lively. There is no keyed entry to the elevator from the parking lot which does make me wonder how secure this wing is.

On the first night we ordered something for the room, only to be called half an hour later to be told we had to settle for the small cost right away as we didn't have a credit card on file, although we demonstrably did when we checked in. This was subsequently resolved but with no apology. A hotel of this class should get that right really.

The location is OK but the reception is off a fairly small street. Now I understand this is Africa, but on one occasion when being dropped by a taxi in the middle evening (around 930) I was aggressively accosted for money right outside the hotel while a couple of staff stood around and I was followed almost into the lobby but a man demanding money for opening my car door. I travel a lot. I know that this happens and it isn't the hotel's fault and it honestly doesn't bother me on the street but I would have thought that the hotel would stop this happening at their main entrance, or at least shield their gusts from this. I don't want to come across as complaining about people asking for money in Africa, I know it comes with the territory, but I was just a little surprised it was so in your face on hotel property.

Room service is good here but like room services everywhere, pricy. Indeed this is not a cheap hotel at all and when you are charged over 500 Rand for 3 buffet breakfasts that were frankly OK but no better, then it becomes an issue. Disappointing for a Marriott brand frankly and although I have no plans to visit South Africa or Cape Town again soon, such a visit in the future will not include the Fire and Ice. It's OK - no better and although the staff are generally friendly, the executive suites strike me as something of an afterthought - the main hotel may be better.

Room Tip: The executive duplexes are quiet and roomy but expensive and stuck in their own wing
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Anso V, Rooms Division Manager at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Good Day jerryskc,

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback regarding your recent stay at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town.

We have taken the feedback at heart and implemented measures to improve the issues highlighted.

As you would know there is always room for improvement and this is only made possible through valid feedback.

We thank you once again and apologize for our shortcomings.

Kind Regards,

Darren Cedras

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

This is my second time here within a year, I do like this hotel great people always smiling and very helpful.

Rooms are kept so clean I was lucky to get a mountain view room, something that you never get board of.

Great location you have Long street, Bree street, Kloof a 2 minute walk away. If you fancy a walk a little further out 20-30 minute walk to both the bases of lions head and lower car park of table mountain.

Fully recommend fire and ice and I would return

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Anso V, General Manager at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear TrickyDickie72,

Thank you for choosing the Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Cape Town for your recent travels to Cape Town.

Commitment to service and guest satisfaction is a main focus. The pride and dedication our hotel team takes in providing exceptional customer service to our valued guests speaks strongly to our company’s core values, “good service at a fair price.”

Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Anso

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Fun hotel ideally located steps away from Kloof street, a short ride to Table Mountain, Camps Bay and V&A Waterfront. Staff are very helpful, rooms are a little on the small side but still very nice. Get a room with a Mountain view. Safe area to walk around. Nice small outside pool. Nice but expensive breakfast buffet (by SA standard). The milkshake menu is legendary.

Room Tip: Mountain view side
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Anso V, General Manager at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Dear negroni68,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Cape Town with us.

Your valuable feedback helps identify areas of opportunity for us to improve the guest experience. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

The hotel team is committed to delivering an exceptional experience and are always brainstorming creative ways to exceed the expectations of our VALUED GUEST, such as yourself. At your convenience, feel free to share any additional feedback on how we can elevate your experience whenever your travels bring you back to Cape Town.

Anso Venter