Reviews (1 090)
1 090 results
All reviews long street trendy hotel table mountain standard room bars and restaurants camps bay kloof street milkshakes waterfront executive gm laptop rand ct uber boutique
256 - 261 of 1 090 reviews
Reviewed 14 January 2016

This hotel is in a class of its own. Non-pretentious yet city slick style. The décor is minimalistic clean and the open-plan reception area welcoming. Staff is always friendly and will make you feel at home. The rooms have mountain views and will provide a good relaxing stay.

Certainly the best aspect of the hotel is the restaurant that serves only "burgers": beef, lamb, vegetarian, fish .... you name it. And don't think these are your normal "burgers". Each one is a master piece in own right and vows to the dedication of the chefs. This is one of my favorite burger eateries in town.

Room tip: I always prefer a rooms away from the services e.g. lifts
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Janneman B, General Manager at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2016

Dear Douw W

Thank you joining us for Burgers and I hope you tried one of our guilt free milkshakes!

Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcome you back to us in the near future!

Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

Just experienced a great stay at Fire and Ice. Amazing food and cheerful staff. Bar and restaurant staff were welcoming and amazing! Extremely central and close to the hip and happening Long street. Would definitely recommend this great place as another home away from home.

Thank you.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear kylernot

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience! The hotel is walking distance from Bree Street, Long Street and Kloof Street all filled with amazing places to experience Cape Town.

Travel Safely and looking forward to welcome to you back.

Reviewed 11 January 2016

It is now the fifth time I have booked a Hotel or B & B in Cape town that offered free Wi-Fi and all 5 have not lived up to the promise. I have just returned from the Far East and all the establishments I have stayed in had acceptable Wi-Fi connections including all the airports. I expected at least that Fire and ice would live up to the promise but alas no. I could get some Wi-Fi if I stood on the toilet seat and held my device in the air. Two other issues with the hotel were the inability to change the air conditioner settings and the attention of the front desk staff was of a low standard. The room was adequate and the shower very good. They could provide a fridge or an ice bucket though

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Janneman B, General Manager at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2016

Dear chutzpah44

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your WiFi challenges - we have shared this with the service provider and they are looking to find a more permanent solution.

Wishing you trouble free travels.

Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here 4 nights and all I can say it was nothing special. The rooms are quite small and the lack of fridge was quite annoying. They say you can drink the tap water, but we were advised by locals that it wasn't the smartest idea. The hotel said they had complimentary bottles of water, but when we called to get some they never brought them to us. My husband called 3 times and every time they said they were coming they never showed up. We bought our own the next day and had no fridge to keep them cold. The breakfast buffet looked amazing, but the quality of the food was terrible. The staff aren't polite and barely smiled when we'd talk to them. I wouldn't stay here again, there are plenty more hotels that have much better service.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Janneman B, General Manager at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2016

Dear Jane F

Thank you for staying with us and I apologise for the service delivery failure. We have communicated your experience with the TEAM to ensure we improve our service delivery.

Let me know when you are back in town next and we can make sure you have a great stay.

Reviewed 9 January 2016

Located on long street, close to all amenities and restaurants. Modern design. Good breakfast and helpful staff.room a bit small but this is compensated by other features offered by this hotel.would go there again

Room tip: Maybe upgrade to executive room
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear mohmeena

Thank you for staying with us and for the review - the hotel does have a great location to experience all the sights and sounds of Cape Town.

I would suggest on your next visit to book a superior room - more comfortable than a standard.

Looking forward to welcome you back