Reviews (1 090)
1 090 results
All reviews long street trendy hotel table mountain standard room bars and restaurants camps bay kloof street milkshakes waterfront executive gm laptop rand ct uber boutique
262 - 267 of 1 090 reviews
Reviewed 6 January 2016

The location of this hotel is great, a qick walk takes you to many restaurants, bars, massage spot (some look a bit shady). I stayed at this hotel twice, the first time we had an awesome spacious room and the second, a much smaller room...for the same price. Not quite sure how that worked but all in all the rooms were clean and bot had lovely views of Table mountain. My second visit was for my boyfriend's birthday. We recieved complementary champagne and decorative bright pink feather on the bed (don't ask....Lol). The service was average, got better on our second visit. The bar area/lounge area had a nice vibe and was quite busy at night. The breakfast was good and we received the most amazing complementary milkshakes & part of our stay. I would return

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Janneman B, General Manager at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2016

Dear LeanneReddy

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your review. The milkshakes are amazing and with 39 flavours to choose from it is an experience on its own. The pink feathers is just a little fun from us - wishing you safe travels and looking forward to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 5 January 2016 via mobile

As we were Traveling with our daughters we asked previously for 2 rooms just next to each other, but when we arrived at the hotel at 3.30 Pm , only one room was available.
We only had the second room available by 7.30 pm and the room wasn't next door as we asked. We also asked for 2 beds on the second room, but we were given with one bed even after coming from far and have to wait at reception for 4hrs with the kids. Then we had again to ask the reception to split the beds but they only did it on the second day after a several reminders.
The house keeping is another joke at that hotel. One of the days we left @ 8h AM and returned to the hotel at 6.30 pm and our rooms where dirty, for our surprise we came across one of the Housekeeping ladies and she Just said "we have a lot of work, we are busy" and not even a single gesture of apology or embarrassment. She had attitude! Once more, we went down to the reception to Complain.When you walk trough the corridors you see "normally" sheets on the floor and other stuff from the rooms.
The rooms are too small and uncomfortable and you don't have a mini Bar in the room.
When I arrived I did book for a transfer shuttle, but when I asked for it the receptionist where lost looking for my reservation after some time finally she call the bus the hotel charged a price for the bus but the driver gave us another price. We started a discussion with the driver and he had to make some phone call for his boss.He drive us back to the hotel and started to have a discussion with is boss and a receptionist. After 1.30 hour they allowed us to go.
Overal they charge a 4 star price for 2 stars quality.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Augusto A

Thank you for staying with us and I apologise that we did not meet or exceed your expectations. I have noted your concerns and we have implemented a training program to ensure we do not repeat these incidents.

Let me know when you are back so that we can ensure you have a great stay and a memorable experience.

Reviewed 5 January 2016

From the lady at the front desk who is too busy having a personal conversation about what wine they're buying and which guys call than being interested in me checking in, asking the same questions multiple times as she's too preoccupied to being booked in a lesser room than was paid for. After speaking with reception they said they will try but to no avail. 3 hours later they said i must move to my new room so they did make a plan but it gets better.

The room i was moved to was dirty (including unclean sheets) and had no water for more than 5 hours due to an issue which they could not explain.

Forget staying high up, only 1 out of the 3 elevators work and maintenance does not know why and the elevator used had mcdonald's leftovers thrown in the corner.

Room service took 3 hours and 2 calls for ice and a drink.

When complaining to the staff at check out they said the GM is not available but they would report it and despite filling out their card, I've heard nothing since.

Definitely one of the worst and most overpriced stays in Cape Town. Definitely avoid this one. Not sure how they can be part of protea hotels / marriott with such shocking rooms / service / poorly kept hotel.

The Protea Hotel Fire & Ice is simply terrible and shouldn't even be star rated with how poor they are. Even communication lacks.

Room tip: Just avoid this hotel.
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank arexjay

Dear arexjay

I am truly sorry for the experience you had whilst staying at my hotel and the team not being able to resolve your concerns or exceed your expectations.

I can assure you we are working towards a better stay experience.

Reviewed 5 January 2016

This hotel is not worth the money.
Rooms are small, dirty, shower cabinet in the room, sink in the room. Air condition only works occasionally. No noise insulation towards hallway, you hear every little comment made in hallway inside the room.
When we arrived at six pm prepaid rooms were still not ready.
The service is non existent, or at best African very low standards.
The rooms are so small that you have a space of approximately thirty centimetres between bed and opposite wall. In this space they have chosen to place also the TV, to ensure that when you pass the bed you have to lean over the bed to avoid nocking your head.

Room tip: Choose a different hotel.
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank ErikO521

Dear Erik O

Thank you for staying with us and I am sorry we did not live up to your expectation. We have a selection of rooms available and you are welcome to communicate with us to find one that suits your needs.

Wishing you safe travels and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 January 2016 via mobile

If you want the worst experience of your life go to this hotel.

Service is non existent. Staff are uneducated and lazy.

Rather stay in a 1 star backpacker because it WILL BE BETTER.

Staff are simply not interested in the well being of the clients in any way or form this place is pathetic. ... worst protea hotel in Africa.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank MikeS9584

Dear Mike S

Thank you for staying with us and I am truly sorry that this was the experience you had at my hotel. We take these comments very serious and I can assure you this is not the brand experience we want anyone to have. Let me know when you are in Cape Town again so that we can make sure you have an amazing stay experience.