Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
samanthalennert
Cape Town, South Africa

Good...but

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Jun 2024
The apartment was well appointed.

The refund of my deposit though is severely lacking. I was advised that the refund would be actioned upon check-out. Check happened on 02 June 2024, however the office was closed so no refund took place. Upon enquiring - I was then advised the following:
"I have send all information to the accounts department. I will follow up as they should have processed it yesterday. The refund is done the same way payment was received and should been reversed on the paygate link. It will reflect between 7-14 working days."

I still do not have confirmation that the refund was indeed processed.
Date of stay: June 2024
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
4.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
3.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 13 Jun 2024
Dear Samantha, thank you for your feedback. We're really sorry to hear about your experience and are taking your concerns seriously. As mentioned the refund was processed and we are thus reliant on our payment gateway to facilitate their end. Once again apologies
R 5 388
0.9 km from Apartments in Mandela Rhodes Place
View more hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviews (1 277)
1 277 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
1 - 6 of 1 277 reviews
Reviewed 5 April 2024

Wow upmarket! stylish, contemporary urban apartment, in the heart of Cape Town surrounded by historical buildings, how epic and fitting for it to be called Mandela Rhodes place and acknowledge our own iconic father of our nation! I took a walk around this area and remembered 37yrs ago as a Uct drama student frequenting this popular area; If you need to experience the above and be near the waterfront, table mountain, st George's cathedral, the gardens etc, and feel close to our father of the nation, Madiba watching over you while you soak up the sun lounging on the roof top near the pool. then,I urge you to book in here! this month its freedom month, so do the right thing, Thank you Mandela rhodes place, Jaco, Janice and the staff for supporting Safta award winner Nazli George Aunty Ivy from 7de laan work soon to be seen as Ragel in Skemergrond on Kyknet. A gem in the heart ❤️ of the city.I can't wait to be back, lots of love to you all 🙏 ❤️

Room tip: A must in the heart of Cape Town city
Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Revenue Management, Revenue Management at Apartments in Mandela Rhodes Place, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2024

Dear Nazli, we're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Your kind words about our staff and amenities truly made our day. We can't wait to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 18 March 2024

I recently stayed at Mandela Rhodes for my Cape Town cycle tour . I is closer to the start point . I enjoyed my stay there. I also enjoyed seamless communication and extra services offered . The check in process was also seamless

Date of stay: March 2024
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Revenue Management, Revenue Management at Apartments in Mandela Rhodes Place, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2024

Good day, thank you so much for your feedback - delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 4 March 2024

I have never had such a bad experience from beginning to end during our stay on 24/2/2024.

Hairdryer not working. Was bombarded with emails and messages in the days leading up to our stay - OVER COMMUNICATING is not on. When trying to pay the parking, wifi and breakage fee, they ask for a booking reference. My reference number doesn't work so I couldn't pay. When arriving at the hotel the host then tells me I have to use my name but it says REFERENCE NUMBER????? When leaving on the Sunday I asked the host 3 times if the parking ticket would work. He said yes...guess what........ When we got to the boom, we were told to pay R60. We refused. After holding up about 4 cars behind us we were eventually let out. I had paid the R75 online which I had to pay to get the room key. Wifi not working properly. Glass ceiling in the foyer was dripping water. Only a few cones and danger tape visible and not around the entire puddle on the floor. Guests were walking through the water and it could have caused serious injury. Half a roll of toilet paper in each of the toilets in our rooms. Had to ask the host to bring toilet rolls. I would have thought this would have been put in when the room was cleaned after the previous visitors left?

Regarding the breakage fee repayment. I had to query it today. I have just been told it was paid on Sunday 25 February. I have just checked my account and there is nothing reflecting there. I would have received a sms notification from my bank - which I didn't. As at 4 March I still haven't had feedback or received my refund. I keep having to ask for an update.

I will never book accommodation there again or recommend this facility to anyone.

Date of stay: February 2024
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Revenue Management, Revenue Management at Apartments in Mandela Rhodes Place, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2024

Dear Katherine, Thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry that we did not meet your expectations on your most recent visit to Mandela Rhodes. We are however taking your concerns seriously, without your comments, we would never know when we are doing right, but more importantly, when we are doing wrong! Thank you for assisting us to strive for service excellence.

With regards to the refund: Our bank confirmed that that the refund was done and cleared on our side, it also depends on which bank you are with as it might take bit longer to reflect, 7-14 working days.

Reviewed 28 January 2024

Had a great weekend away in town to check out the town. Accommodation was clean and kitchen had all the required items for self catering. Block out lining and nice and quiet for a goods nights rest. Pool area was also very nice.

Date of stay: January 2024
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Revenue Management, Revenue Management at Apartments in Mandela Rhodes Place, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2024

Dear David, we're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Your kind words about our amenities truly made our day. We can't wait to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 12 January 2024

Wifi and TV did not work at all. Cleanliness of the apartment was not up to standard. Stains on couch and pillows which left an unpleasant smell. Seen much more better apartments in Cape Town for the same price tag.

Date of stay: December 2023
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Revenue Management, Revenue Management at Apartments in Mandela Rhodes Place, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2024

Good day, we are extremely sorry to hear about the experience you had – as this vicinity is a mixture of residents, Airbnb and other short term outlets, this listing often gets mistaken with all the units in the building and hope your host will resolve.

Kindest Regards