Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel
Protea Hotel Cape Town Victoria Junction(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$122
  • Pool
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$72
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

Park Inn by Radisson Cape Town Foreshore(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$72
US$126
Protea Hotels
  • Restaurant
Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$107
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$76
  • Bar/Lounge
US$182
US$144
  • Breakfast included
ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn On The Square(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$57
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Urban Hive Backpackers(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$24
US$23
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$973
US$950
Reviews (1 119)
1 119 results
All reviewslong streetwasher dryerfull kitchentwo bedroom apartmenthotel spatable mountaingreenmarket squarefood lovers marketcompany gardensper daycentral locationrooftop poolself cateringtaj hotelhome away from homegreen market squarethe ground floor
165 - 170 of 1 119 reviews
Reviewed 19 April 2017

Would stay in this hotel if you want to be central however if you like to walk out at night then this is the wrong location due to the street beggars that will not leave you alone and you are subject to being mugged, every local will warn you of this. If you are happy to come back in for the night then is great as you get an apartment with everything in it. Would stay in or closer to the V and A as there is security and no beggars with lots to do in the evening and easy to get in to the main city from of foot (day time only).

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank johnmatthewcrowembe
MandelaRhodesPlace, General Manager at Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Dear johnmatthewcrowembe

Thank you for your review of our property, although we strongly disagree on the points of security, beggars and being mugged versus staying in or closer to the V and A Waterfront.

We hope to have the opportunity some day soon to welcome you back.

Regards

Reviewed 18 April 2017

The hotel is centrally located near the local markets and shops. The rooms are clean and the furniture is relatively new and in good condition. Due to the central location, the rooms are quite at night. Security in the hotel is very good and so is the restaurant located in the premises.

Room Tip: High Floor offer a better view
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Ida Z

It brings us great joy to read such an amazing review and thank you for taking the time to write it. We appreciate all your comments and trust that we can welcome you back in the future for another wonderful stay.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

I was pleasantly surprised to find on arrival that I had been upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. It had everything I required and the only drawback was that when I did a load of laundry the dryer didn't work. I sought help and, as the dryer was located on a shelf in a cupboard, they had trouble getting to the power socket. It required removing a shelf and a hinge off the door and, after they found the switch was turned on and the dryer was faulty, Housekeeping took my wet clothes and dried them overnight.

The hotel is centrally located and the only thing I didn't like was that the bedroom window faced an atrium instead of outside, however this sitting area had a window onto the street. Meals were taken in a café downstairs, where breakfast was very good and I had an excellent pizza one night.

Another problem I encountered, and probably not the hotel's fault, was that they booked a transfer from the airport to the hotel for me and the driver didn't show up.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank MikefromBerry

Dear MikefromBerry

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review on our hotel. We do apologise for the inconveniences experienced however we have ensured these have all been tackled and remedied.

We hope to welcome you back soon to enjoy another great stay with us.

Regards

Reviewed 13 April 2017

If you like living in "the centre" of town, you must stay in the Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel. It is one of the best Hotels anywhere I have stayed in, in most countries. The staff are excellent, and the rooms are clean, comfortable, and cannot be faulted. I felt quite at home, as soon as I moved in.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MandelaRhodesPlace, General Manager at Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Dear Bob2012Sydney

It was such an honour and a privilege to have you stay with us here at Mandela Rhodes Place Suite Hotel and thank you for the lovely review. We are so thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and I shall be sure to share this feedback with the rest of our team.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Terence and TEAM-MRP

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

I feel quite mislead by all the many outstanding​ reviews. We were first given a key to someone else's room and then our new room felt dirty. I understand this is not a five star hotel, but it should have been much nicer. Laundry service was also "not in yet" each time I called.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
MandelaRhodesPlace, General Manager at Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Dear Andrew W

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our Hotel.

We humbly apologise for your feeling mislead, this certainly is not our intent toward our guests. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your concerns on gm (at) mandelarhodesplace (dot) co (dot) za.

Terence and TEAM-MRP