Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel
  • Restaurant
US$223
US$215
  • Pool
Protea Hotel Cape Town Victoria Junction(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$141
  • Pool
Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$109
Protea Hotels
  • Pool
ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn On The Square(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$66
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$84
  • Bar/Lounge
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$133
  • Pool
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$83
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$221
US$184
Priceline
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$866
US$846
Reviews (1 115)
1 115 results
All reviewslong streetwashing machinefull kitchentwo bedroom apartmenthotel spatable mountaingreenmarket squarefood lovers marketcompany gardensper daycentral locationrooftop poolself cateringtaj hotelgreen market squarehome away from homethe ground floor
493 - 498 of 1 115 reviews
Reviewed 25 March 2015

Stayed here for 11 nights while out visiting my mum and dad during their holiday. We had a two bedroom apartment on a high floor. Both the bedrooms had their own bathrooms, their was a generous lounge area with a nice kitchen which had a washing machine and dishwasher. The balcony had a lovely view of the city, Signal Hill and the pool. with the sun catching the balcony for most of the day. The staff at the hotel were fantastic in getting us a cab and always greeted us on our return from a day out. We will definitely be returning to this hotel next year.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2015

Standard 4 star hotel serviced apartments. We stayed in a 1 bed superior apt which was spacious and had everything we wanted incl. fully equipped kitchen, bathroom with bath and separate shower. Very friendly and helpful staff. Onsite car park which we used, was secure and access straight into hotel.
Centrally located with lots of cafes and restaurants within a five minute walk. Food store opposite for those who want to self cater. We just bought a few breakfast things but there was lots of prepared salads, pies, cakes etc. at a very reasonable price. So if you want to stay in central Cape Town I can recommend

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
William d, General Manager at Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2015

Dear PaulFredericks,

Thank you for visiting Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel & Spa recently. I would like to provide some feedback on your comments if possible, and am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us!
It makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “Ubuntu” and by doing so, created an exceptional experience for our Guests. This in turn will hopefully ensure that Mandela Rhodes Place becomes your “home” when visiting Cape Town.

Reviewed 19 March 2015

There were 3 of us so we got the suite with 2 bedrooms. There were 2 full bathrooms, which was really nice and tons of space to get ready! We had a nice outdoor balcony that overlooked the city and table mountain! The ONLY down side was that we tried to use the washer and dryer and it didn't work. We tried washing the 1 load 3 times and drying it, but we could never get it to dry. It was just wasted time and effort that didn't need to happen, but luckily when we called the front desk, they washed our clothes for us and got them back to us before we had to leave!
The outdoor market is also extremely close and there were people who gave us advice on where to eat, what to do, etc. Great experience!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Abby H,

Reviewed 10 March 2015

We had a wonderful, luxurious, spacious and very comfortable 2 bedroom suite in this hotel, with a lounge, dining area with huge table, 3 flat screen television sets, balcony with view of Table Mountain. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. We enjoyed dinner and breakfast in the comfort of our apartment (which was fully self-catering, but we chose delivery from Dopio Zero). Their food was very good value for money, and delivery was free of charge. We were close to the starting point for the Argus. Will stay here again, for sure!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 10th floor, I suppose that's why we did not have a noise problem. The 2 bedroom suite was huge, great value for money.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family

Dear Disappointed351,

I will be sure to pass your kind words to the rest of my Staffing compliment, and thank you. I am glad that you enjoyed our Hotel's prime location, as well as everything Cape Town has to offer to our beloved Guests! I am glad you enjoyed Doppio Zero's food as much as you did, and also the fully self catering functionality of our Apartments. We as Management love reading good and encouraging feedback from our Guests.

Reviewed 9 March 2015

My husband and I stayed in a studio apartment on the 3rd floor over the Argus weekend. The apartment is beautiful and spotless but the building is VERY weirdly designed. The bedroom was next to the corridor and had a large window which wasn't soundproof. In fact the noise echoes through the entire building. The first night we barely slept. You can actually hear when someone opens or closes a door all the way down the passage. The hotel is also a block away from Long street so there were drunk people coming home at all hours of the night. Unfortunately we were told the hotel was full for the weekend and couldn't be moved, but luckily that first night was the worst and the rest of the time we were there we weren't disturbed too much.

Other than the noise there were a lot of pros to to place:
- good cheap parking (we had straight access to our floor from parking lot)
- beautiful, large apartments which are very clean
- full kitchen (washer/ dryer, microwave, large fridge )
- DVD player
- Good area - easy access to long street. There's a food lovers market (supermarket with cafe) across the rd a some other restaurants too.
- good value for money especially for family's who can get a 2 bedroom apartment.
- the spa is really nice - very well priced and great massages

Cons
-The wifi is ridiculously stingy - 200mb free only for 2 devices.
- the noise

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MichFehrsen

Dear MichFehrsen,

I will be sure to pass your kind words to the rest of my Staffing compliment, and thank you. I am glad that you enjoyed our Hotel's prime location, as well as everything Cape Town has to offer to our beloved Guests! I have taken the liberty to update your profile on our systems, in order to offer you a complimentary upgrade on your next stay at our Hotel :) I can also confirm that I am currently working on a better and faster Wifi solution for our entire building, which should include uncapped Wifi to Hotel Guests at a more than descent speed.