“If you prefer a fully equipped apartment over a simple hotel room - here it is!”

Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel
Ranked #38 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 27 March 2015

I stayed at the Mandela Rhodes three times over the last two years. The location is great, with Company's Garden just over the street and right at St Georges Mall for some shopping and a nice cappucino in the sun.
The rooms are spacious and clean, the pool is nice, there's a gym and a spa - all you need! The staff is (mostly) very friendly. You can have your breakfast in the little bakery on ground floor - I recommend the Egg Florentine. Just luv it :-)
Do yourself a favour and see that you get a room with a balcony on top floor. The view over the city and Table Mountain is fabulous and I found myself happily sitting there with a glass of Sauvignon more than once.

Room Tip: Top Floor!
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
William d, General Manager at Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2015

Dear HeideA,
Thank you for visiting Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel & Spa recently. I would like to provide some feedback on your comments if possible, and am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us!
It makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “Ubuntu” and by doing so, created an exceptional experience for our Guests. This in turn will hopefully ensure that Mandela Rhodes Place becomes your “home” when visiting Cape Town.

I will be sure to pass your kind words to the rest of my Staffing compliment as well, and thank you. I am glad you enjoyed our Hotel's prime location, and also all that Cape Town has to offer to our Guests. We as Management love reading your feedback and how much you enjoyed the Table Mountain views.

Best regards and safe travels!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 085)

467 - 471 of 1 085 reviews

Reviewed 25 March 2015

Stayed here for 11 nights while out visiting my mum and dad during their holiday. We had a two bedroom apartment on a high floor. Both the bedrooms had their own bathrooms, their was a generous lounge area with a nice kitchen which had a washing machine and dishwasher. The balcony had a lovely view of the city, Signal Hill and the pool. with the sun catching the balcony for most of the day. The staff at the hotel were fantastic in getting us a cab and always greeted us on our return from a day out. We will definitely be returning to this hotel next year.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2015

Standard 4 star hotel serviced apartments. We stayed in a 1 bed superior apt which was spacious and had everything we wanted incl. fully equipped kitchen, bathroom with bath and separate shower. Very friendly and helpful staff. Onsite car park which we used, was secure and access straight into hotel.
Centrally located with lots of cafes and restaurants within a five minute walk. Food store opposite for those who want to self cater. We just bought a few breakfast things but there was lots of prepared salads, pies, cakes etc. at a very reasonable price. So if you want to stay in central Cape Town I can recommend

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family

Dear PaulFredericks,

Reviewed 19 March 2015

There were 3 of us so we got the suite with 2 bedrooms. There were 2 full bathrooms, which was really nice and tons of space to get ready! We had a nice outdoor balcony that overlooked the city and table mountain! The ONLY down side was that we tried to use the washer and dryer and it didn't work. We tried washing the 1 load 3 times and drying it, but we could never get it to dry. It was just wasted time and effort that didn't need to happen, but luckily when we called the front desk, they washed our clothes for us and got them back to us before we had to leave!
The outdoor market is also extremely close and there were people who gave us advice on where to eat, what to do, etc. Great experience!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Abby H,

Reviewed 10 March 2015

We had a wonderful, luxurious, spacious and very comfortable 2 bedroom suite in this hotel, with a lounge, dining area with huge table, 3 flat screen television sets, balcony with view of Table Mountain. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. We enjoyed dinner and breakfast in the comfort of our apartment (which was fully self-catering, but we chose delivery from Dopio Zero). Their food was very good value for money, and delivery was free of charge. We were close to the starting point for the Argus. Will stay here again, for sure!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 10th floor, I suppose that's why we did not have a noise problem. The 2 bedroo...
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family

Dear Disappointed351,

I will be sure to pass your kind words to the rest of my Staffing compliment, and thank you. I am glad that you enjoyed our Hotel's prime location, as well as everything Cape Town has to offer to our beloved Guests! I am glad you enjoyed Doppio Zero's food as much as you did, and also the fully self catering functionality of our Apartments. We as Management love reading good and encouraging feedback from our Guests.