“Cozy , stylish,home away from home.”
Review of Dunkley House

Dunkley House
Ranked #97 of 156 Cape Town Central B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 October 2017

Very clean. Great welcome.
Friendly and helpful staff.
Good breakfast. Extra perks,gown and hot water bottle provided,made stay comfortable and Very close to amenities. Sightseeing advice given too
. Just great

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 August 2017

very nice and friendly staff, very clean, excellent location it takes about 15 minutes by Cab (cheap and easy) to get to the waterfront which is the famous and safe shopping/ going out area; loved the place
הצוות מאוד נחמד, מלון קטן ונקיא ושקט במיקום מעולה, מומלץ בחום Aly-Israel

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
dunkleyhouse, Guest Relations Manager at Dunkley House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Dear Beloved Guest
Thank you for your most valued review, from the look of things you really enjoyed everything and we are glad we managed to meet your expectations and we assure you we will keep improving our standards.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and Thank you.

Kind regards
Dunkley house

Reviewed 14 June 2017

WE took an impromptu trip to Cape Town recently..Initially I had my wife and I booked into a Backpackers in Muizenberg for 5 days so i could surf....wife was not happy with facilities so i had a lot riding on the 2nd leg of the trip...Fortunately they did not disappoint and we loved our stay at Dunkleys. Great setting, I had brilliant room I believe some rooms are not up to scratch. I liked the communal kitchenette shared by a few rooms with an honesty bar...very convenient and helpful to warm up food and use fridge~ One of the better places we have stayed at in CT..great and convenient location..parking is a bit iffy as your vehicles are vulnerable on the street nowadays...a few niggles like very weak Wi-Fi in our room that really messed us around, and I woke up one night with the aircon dripping water on my face..other than that I will very likely be back during summer when they are in full swing with full staff compliment...Breakfast was sufficient without winning any awards, but definitely did the job. Good experience and we were sad to leave~

Room Tip: perhaps insist on them putting you in one of the best rooms....this whilst they renovate the other r...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2017

I recently spent 3 weeks at Dunkley house in the lovely room 10 and found it delightful! The staff was always helpful, and in a rarity, any problem I had with the room was promptly fixed the next day. The location is quite convenient with many good restaurants in safe walking distance. It was extremely good value for the location, room and lovely staff. Many thanks to all of you!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2017

I chose the place because there as something (cant remember what exactly) that I really liked about its online presence. I must admit my expectations were exceeded when we were showed our room. it was spacious, modern, clean and trendy.
Quality of sleep was really good too.
The breakfast was adequate, their muffins were delicious. And the staff is generally friendly.
WIFI was weak from the rooms.
Downfall came when on our second day there we get a call and we are told that they double booked us with another couple and we therefore need to change rooms. At this point we were on our way to Franschoek for the day. So they ended up having to move our stuff from the one room to another. Obviously I have plenty issues with this whole scenario however there was nothing I could do.
The room we were moved to was smaller with less amenities but it was also quite trendy and futuristic even though some of the fancy features didn't quite work.
I just feel like there was a better way to have handled that situation and so an average rating is all I can give, based on this.
I had forgotten my watch there when we checked out and we were contacted to arrange how I can get it back. This was impressive.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple