Urban Chic Boutique Hotel
  • Restaurant
US$235
US$216
  • Pool
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$88
  • Breakfast included
Cape Diamond Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$148
US$64
  • Restaurant
Protea Hotel Cape Town Victoria Junction(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$164
  • Pool
Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$121
Protea Hotels
  • Pool
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$209
US$204
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$132
  • Pool
ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn On The Square(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$72
  • Pool
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$790
US$751
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslong streetnight lifesecure garagetable mountainnoisy at nighta lot of noiselight sleeperearly hourscorner roomroom was spotlessloved this hotelbottled waterspecial thanksrestaurants and barsrooms are beautifulbreakfast roomclose proximity
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently located and is easy to find. It is clean and has the most amazing bathroom. I was just not too chuffed with the fact that the TV doesn’t play any South African channels and their breakfast wasn’t too great but it was decent for someone who’s hungry I guess. The WIFI is as good as not having any, it’s VERY slow. I wasn’t bothered much by the noise levels, the hotel is after all located in long street so one would expect a lot of noise pollution.

I would come back here.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the Urban Chic Hotel.

When we arrived we explained to the manager that we had recently stayed at the New Tulbagh and had a really poor experience. She was very welcoming and accommodating. She showed us our room and made sure that we were satisfied. When we came back to check in, we were blown away at the attention to detail. We had told her that we were teetotalers, and she accomadated us by putting non-alcoholic champagne in the room. We had also told her that we were big coffee lovers and that the coffee in rooms at the New Tulbagh was putrid. We were absolutely over the moon to find that she had put Hug in Mug coffee in our room, she really had gone the extra mile.

As great as all this was there are a few points that we need to point out. The Wifi is abysmally slow, intermittent at best. The TV channels listed on the page are not what is available in the room, and half the DSTV channels don't work, and we did bring this to the receptionists attention on Monday evening, and nothing has been done. I also asked for bottled water to be brought up to the room, and I am still waiting for it to arrive.

At breakfast I ordered soft poached eggs with my english breakfast, I received medium fried eggs, the toast came way too early and was cold, and tough, but I was in a rush to get to work and couldnt wait for the breakfast to be rectified, so did not mention it to the staff. My partners breakfast on the otherhand was very good, she had the french toast.

This afternoon while my partner was smoking downstairs in the bar, the manager was having a meeting, but her foul language was less than tasteful. It made my partner feel very uncomfortable, this is not professional. We are spending good money to come here to get away and relax, but we are leaving here more stressed than when we got here. The managers and receptionists use the bar area as their own smoking room, which is very unprofessional in my opinion. If they were at least able to bring us an ashtray when we sit down to have a cigarette, then I it may not have been so bad, but I'm still shocked that they smoke in front of patrons.

This evening when we took a shower, the entire bathroom floor flooded, had we not previously learnt from our experience at the New Tulbagh, where my partner slipped, fell and hit her head open, we may not have have been as cautious and had an accident in this establishment. We called the receptionist up to have a look, just so that she could see the amount of water that was on the floor, it took two hand towels and one bath towel to dry it up, as the water was all the way down to the toilet.

We would have checked out, but we had already paid for the second night. I am sad to say that we left more stressed than when we arrived.

I emphasize again that smoking and swearing in front of guests should not be tolerated as it portrays a poor image.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel is close to night life and if you like that sort of thing then you’ll be happy, but if you’re wanting good 7 hours of sleep you won’t get it here. Clean rooms, fully equipped rooms, comfy beds, free slow WiFi, pity about the noisy neighbors. This hotel should consider double glazing on the windows for a quieter room. The breakfast wasn’t great either. Also not an area safe enough to get up and go for a run in the morning on your own.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Our flight was cancelled which meant we needed last minute accommodation in Cape Town and I found this hotel. Having never been to Cape Town before I never knew the location.
First off this is a lovely hotel with great big beds and a lovely bathroom. The staff are all lovely and the breakfasts good.
It is noisy at night but having discovered that Long street is party town of Cape town it's no surprise.
If you're a heavy sleeper this is a fantastic hotel!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

The rooms are nice and clean and great big bathrooms. BUT if you want to sleep at night, this hotel is not for you! The music from the club across the road is ridiculously loud and no sober person can sleep throught the noice that carries on until 3am even on a Sunday!!

I understand its Long street but I feel that the hotel can do more in respect of sound proofing the rooms or windows or at least provide guests with complimentary ear plugs!!

Returned home completely sleep deprived. Will most certainly not return.

Sorry Urban Chic but you can do more for clients who actually want to get a good night’s sleep!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business