All reviews double windows communal balcony vibrant street party street party goers street noise table mountain noisy at night night life no elevator central location nespresso machine the hotel staff bars and restaurants mother city hop on hop nice stay
Reviewed 24 October 2017

My boyfriend and I booked the Premium King room and was impressed by the overall cleanliness and decor, not over the top but still very fabulous. Great location. The staff Vinia and Bronwan was very helpful and friendly and really gave the impression of caring for you as a guest and not just doing it because its their job, thank you ladies for making the stay more pleasurable. The only thing that was a bit disturbing is the noise, even though the room is soundproof it doesn't quite keep the drunken voices of party-goers in Long Street out. The club next door to the hotel didn't disturb at all it's just at 5 am there is people roaming the streets with a louder than usual voice on them and even louder than the club. But this is not the hotel's fault and I just hear all the noises so clearly taking into account I come from a very small and quiet place, if you are used to living in a city this will not disturb you at all.

Room Tip: Premium King/Twin room
1  Thank RiesCor
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Hotel was conveniently located on Long Street, which makes it very accessible if you are using the Hop On Hop Off buses, or taking any tours from the city sightseeing office. Room is clean, bed is comfortable, and water pressure in the shower is just right. Receptionist is always friendly and always ready to provide recommendations on how to start your day.

Do note that there are no elevators in the property, however the hotel staff is always ready to lend a helping hand should you need help with your luggages.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tweety829
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Had the room with a bath tub, and the room was perfect, comfortable with all necessary amenities and a Nespresso machine as a bonus. The bed is very comfortable and helps you not paying attention to the bit of noise coming from buzzy Long Street. Unlike some others, I did not have any trouble sleeping at night, neither did my wife. Location is excellent with a safe parking just after the hotel, ideal to explore the mother city.

I would definitely go back there should I come back to CT !

1  Thank Chayolle
Reviewed 23 September 2017

My boyfriend and I (26 years old, from US) stayed at the Long Street Hotel for five nights while in Cape Town. The location of the hotel was great- right downtown with all the shops and some of the best restaurants right there. While at night it was loud on the balcony (which we expected), we slept in silence in our room as the double glass windows blocked out all the noise. I know other reviews mention noise- but they are crazy!

The hotel itself is very cute and clean. The balconies are great- especially in the morning, and the communal balcony has a GREAT view of table mountain. The rooms have fridges which was really nice and drinks and snacks are always available in the lobby for purchase which was great.

The best part of our trip was the hospitality we received from the staff. Everyone was very nice and helpful the whole way through. Carmen was nice enough to give us restaurant recommendations and Bronwan went above and beyond to make sure our stay was great- from setting up tours to just asking how things were going.

I was SO happy with our choice and would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Right in the middle of the action, yet no problem sleeping here. Windows are great at keeping the noise out. Front desk staff friendly. Location couldn't be better for exploring the city. Different options for breakfast close by.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple