“Amazing Nachos!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 November 2016

I am a lover of Mexican food and always worry because so many places have gotten it wrong... Not this place! Their Nachos are super tasty and the balcony is the cherry on top!

Date of visit: November 2016

Reviewed 8 October 2016

The restaurant is situated in Cape Town's famous Long Street. It has ethnic Mexican dishes like taco's and burrito's. Speedy service, and also hype Latino music playing in the background.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 28 September 2016

I have been to Mexican on Long a few times before. Everything was fine, I was satisfied with the food.

I booked a table for 23 September to celebrate my birthday to be followed by karaoke somewhere.

Not only were we served by a waiter who didn't seem to want to be there in the first place, but things just got worse by the hour. A friend had to leave earlier so they brought the bill. The tip was included, but for consistent lousy service throughout the night, it should be optional for the patrons. Anyway, we paid everything.

The rest of us remained. We ordered more drinks. The waiter then became relentless about settling the bill. He asked twice already. We said that we are still enjoying ourselves, can you rather bring the plates and a knife to cut the cake. As soon as we done with the cake, he asked about the bill AGAIN! Not "can I get you anything else?" Honestly, what is this?

I go to the loo. Then the barmen (tall, African guy) then follows me back to the table to ask about this BILL AGAIN! I finally respond, "what is up with you guys and the bill? Anyway, fine. You can bring the bill. I'll pay for it and we'll leave because clearly we are not welcomed here."

I get back to the table. In mid sentence of me telling my friends that we should go somewhere else, the barmen comes and swears at me and my friends, throws the slip at the table! I get up to talk to the manager, he follows me and tries to grab my arm! I tell the barmen to leave me alone. I get to the manager to ask what on earth is going on. Guess what he says? "Oh, there must be some misunderstanding. Surely he meant to take your order." I say no, "all I'm hearing is about the bill. We paid the first one with no issues and all we want to do is order more and enjoy ourselves."

I tell him that I'll pay for this second one and we'll leave. The barmen follows me down the stairs! I panic, drop my clutch. While trying to pick up a few contents of my bag, the cake slips and falls down the stairs and on my pants!

I have NEVER in my life received such horrendous service! The manager was of no help whatsoever, and the barmen and waiter were completely out of line! I will never eat there again!

Date of visit: September 2016
2  Thank Benita B
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

What a GREAT place! Very very friendly welcome by ALL staff! The food....absolutely fantastic....nice setup and vibe!

Will I be back? Definitely a massive huge YES! YES! YES!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 5 September 2016

Very tasty food, we and the children loved the place. on the patio and you can see long streett, adding to the good atmosphere of the place
highly recommend!