We went to Mexican on Long for dinner. First appearances as we walked in were not great, but it was much nicer upstairs where the tables are. Our waiter/host was AMAZING from beginning to end: highly attentive and a laugh a minute. The food also arrived in record time.
What I liked:
- The range of tequila on offer (sadly couldn't try any)
- I had the duck burrito which was very tasty and my husband enjoyed his chicken quesadilla
- The strawberry margarita was made with fresh strawberry juice but was not frozen (it looked like the jugs were though)
- My second cocktail was the one with cucumber, basil, tequila and lemonade (I forget the name). It was AMAZING.
- The chilli poppers were very hot (we were warned) but to a good standard. I'd have them again on a milder day :P
What I didn't like
- It was pretty expensive, especially compared to our regular Mexican restaurant.
If it wasn't for our great waiter, I probably would have given the place a lower rating. The food IS decent but I think their prices are targeting the tourist crowd, which is perfectly acceptable for the location.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.