“Best steak in Cape Town”
Review of NV-80

NV-80
Ranked #14 of 1 207 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$1 - US$3
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Taking the classic grill and bar to new heights, NV-80 was born in celebration of a successful 32 years in the restaurant industry. Named after the dynamic and legendary Goncalves brothers, Naldo and Victor, NV-80 is not just a restaurant, it's a lifestyle. It is absolutely no secret that this duo doesn't just enjoy what they do - they love it. NV-80 offers guests a relaxed atmosphere with friendly, attentive service as well as a delectable menu offering the very best chalmar steaks, fresh seafood, and a twist of international favourites. With its truly original design, NV-80 offers you a bit of 'Old Cape Town' with intimate indoor dining, a romantic patio, and a chic bar that overlooks the restaurant.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We recently visited this restaurant after being recommended By The Glen Hotel.
They were 100% accurate and we had a fantastic meal at this restaurant. My husband had fillet which was the best (of many) during our two week visit to South Africa. I had grilled prawns which we also excellent. Wine was very good as was the service. Don’t be put off by the location-once inside that is easily forgotten!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Woweee. Where to begin!? This cafe well recommended by several and happened to be a 3 min walk from our accommodation in sea point! We ordered everything and had the most lovely waiter, Alain who tended to all of our needs. Need to return before we leave SA!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The food is always good here. However I asked for tap water and ended up in a heated argument with the waiter. There is nothing wrong with the quality of tap water in Cape Town. It’s a clients right to request Tap water. I always drink tap water and am very against they pollution caused by millions of bottles of mineral water. The waiter tried to force me to buy mineral water due to the ‘water shortage’. All this while the Barman had the tap running on full pressure just to inefficiently wash a few glasses. I only got tap water after I pointed out that they were legally obliged to serve it. I have spent enough money at this restaurant over the years not be forced into paying for water. Very disappointed

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

In spite of the ok meal we had, the waiter was very insistent on selling us the most expensive items of the menu. Firstly I ordered a bottle of wine at an average price, and he told me they had run out of it. Then I asked for another at a similar price and he pushed me to get a more expensive one. In addition he kept serving full glasses of wine, to make us drink faster. Nevertheless we said we would like to have some meat and he only offered some fish dishes as “specials”. In the end he was “disappointed “ we didn’t want a dessert.

1  Thank Fernanda F
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What an amazing meal. Had the mussels starter and Rump for main and was spot on. The venue is very nice and the service was amazing which was provided by Marco. Defo recommend for a nice meal with friends or couples.