“WONDERFUL! ”

Ranked #14 of 1 227 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$1 - US$2
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Taking the classic grill and bar to new heights, NV-80 was born in celebration of a successful 32 years in the restaurant industry. Named after the dynamic and legendary Goncalves brothers, Naldo and Victor, NV-80 is not just a restaurant, it's a lifestyle. It is absolutely no secret that this duo doesn't just enjoy what they do - they love it. NV-80 offers guests a relaxed atmosphere with friendly, attentive service as well as a delectable menu offering the very best chalmar steaks, fresh seafood, and a twist of international favourites. With its truly original design, NV-80 offers you a bit of 'Old Cape Town' with intimate indoor dining, a romantic patio, and a chic bar that overlooks the restaurant.
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Woweee. Where to begin!? This cafe well recommended by several and happened to be a 3 min walk from our accommodation in sea point! We ordered everything and had the most lovely waiter, Alain who tended to all of our needs. Need to return before we leave SA!

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

The food is always good here. However I asked for tap water and ended up in a heated argument with the waiter. There is nothing wrong with the quality of tap water in Cape Town. It’s a clients right to request Tap water. I always drink tap water and am very against they pollution caused by millions of bottles of mineral water. The waiter tried to force me to buy mineral water due to the ‘water shortage’. All this while the Barman had the tap running on full pressure just to inefficiently wash a few glasses. I only got tap water after I pointed out that they were legally obliged to serve it. I have spent enough money at this restaurant over the years not be forced into paying for water. Very disappointed

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

In spite of the ok meal we had, the waiter was very insistent on selling us the most expensive items of the menu. Firstly I ordered a bottle of wine at an average price, and he told me they had run out of it. Then I asked for another at a similar price and he pushed me to get a more expensive one. In addition he kept serving full glasses of wine, to make us drink faster. Nevertheless we said we would like to have some meat and he only offered some fish dishes as “specials”. In the end he was “disappointed “ we didn’t want a dessert.

1  Thank Fernanda F
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

What an amazing meal. Had the mussels starter and Rump for main and was spot on. The venue is very nice and the service was amazing which was provided by Marco. Defo recommend for a nice meal with friends or couples.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

I chose to spend my birthday evening at this restaurant because of their stellar ratings, and called weeks in advance just to book this restaurant for the special evening. It is hard to overlook the fact that the location is inside of a mall, and the noise is comparable to the sound of a cafeteria. Along with the noise of the guests enjoying their steak dinner, it is also difficult to leave the ringing of a bell like a maniac unnoticed, when food is ready from the kitchen to be picked up by the servers. A system should be in place where the servers are aware of when the food is ready to be picked up, without this noise disturbing the ambiance of a relatively top-dollar Cape Town restaurant.
On another note, the steaks were very delicious, and the Bulgarian manager was very hospitable, kind, and attentive. Although we felt that The Hussar Grill Mouille Point was a better experience and value for the money, the food at NV-80 was top of the line, and mouth-watering. I would highly recommend the sauteed prawns with garlic, chilli, caper berry and chenin blanc for a starter, and the chocolate fondant with armagnac ice-cream!