“I can always depend on this fantastic restaurant!”
Review of NV-80

NV-80
Ranked #12 of 1 202 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$1 - US$2
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Taking the classic grill and bar to new heights, NV-80 was born in celebration of a successful 32 years in the restaurant industry. Named after the dynamic and legendary Goncalves brothers, Naldo and Victor, NV-80 is not just a restaurant, it's a lifestyle. It is absolutely no secret that this duo doesn't just enjoy what they do - they love it. NV-80 offers guests a relaxed atmosphere with friendly, attentive service as well as a delectable menu offering the very best chalmar steaks, fresh seafood, and a twist of international favourites. With its truly original design, NV-80 offers you a bit of 'Old Cape Town' with intimate indoor dining, a romantic patio, and a chic bar that overlooks the restaurant.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I can always depend on NV-80.
So we have been visiting NV-80 since it first opened about 4 years ago if memory serves me right. This is the first time I am reviewing on this platform.

To date we have had excellent meals there with brilliant service. The menu has not changed but why fix something if it isn’t broken?
On Boxing Day we took a chance and stopped by for some lunch - actually I just had a craving for their Riesling Seafood pasta. As usual we had their warm garlic bread with their chili dipping sauce while we pretended to peruse the menu. After all we already knew what we were having.
So I started of with their heavenly Beef Carpaccio with crisp Parmesan and spring onions and he their prawns. Fat and juicy prawns in a heart warming broth. Well as you know I had their Riesling Seafood pasta. Usually they serve linguine but tagliatelle it was for that day. The freshest seafood in a very light sauce. My partner who had a plain steak craving was recommended the sirloin on the bone with chips and a peppercorn sauce. Their steaks are always cooked to perfection and yet again my partner had the biggest smile on his face.

The thing I love about NV-80 is that their food is always consistent. This is our go too Restaurant for when we are wanting guaranteed good food. I do hope it stays like this. In the restaurant world NV-80 is my dependable little black dress that i can rely on.

1  Thank voila-cpt

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Was recommended by my hotel The President and was excellent in food quality and quantity. We will return some day

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This restaurant is located at the first floor of a small and not particularly flashy or even well-known shopping mall in the western part of Sea Point. From outside it looks literally nothing - just a small wooden door. The decoration is average but atmosphere is cozy and always lots of people. Waiters provide swift and professional service - and the food (we have only tried the salads and the meat, most of the plates on the menu, actually) is just outstanding. We tried this place for the first time some three years ago, then in 2016 and now again the first days of December 2017. Every time it's been excellent. If you like meat - this is the place. Reservations often required.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It’s on the first floor of a mall. Once you are passed that this is a good restaurant. Nice vibe and decent meal choices.
Our waiter Marco did all he could to make sure we had a great evening and we did.
Good food, good ambience, good service and good wine.
Give it a shot.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A very good, busy and buzzy restaurant, albeit in a slightly strange shopping centre location. The grilled steaks and fish were excellent. The servers were trying hard but struggled a bit with getting the drinks to us in a reasonable time - perhaps just too HLF we of them on a busy Saturday evening. Overall very enjoyable.