“Great dinner!”

Ranked #10 of 1 173 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$1 - US$2
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Taking the classic grill and bar to new heights, NV-80 was born in celebration of a successful 32 years in the restaurant industry. Named after the dynamic and legendary Goncalves brothers, Naldo and Victor, NV-80 is not just a restaurant, it's a lifestyle. It is absolutely no secret that this duo doesn't just enjoy what they do - they love it. NV-80 offers guests a relaxed atmosphere with friendly, attentive service as well as a delectable menu offering the very best chalmar steaks, fresh seafood, and a twist of international favourites. With its truly original design, NV-80 offers you a bit of 'Old Cape Town' with intimate indoor dining, a romantic patio, and a chic bar that overlooks the restaurant.
Reviewed 4 December 2015 via mobile

This place has an extensive steak and seafood menu, every cut you can think of!
They age the steak on site and use a specific farm for their beef to ensure quality. They have a good wine list and offer good cocktails.
We were taken care of by Natalie, she was so friendly, professional and made recommendations about the cuts which we followed and was not disappointed!!!
Do not be put off by the fact this place is in a shopping mall type location, it is far from a food court establishment and we felt that its location actually benefited from being in the mall due to the masses of parking available, something not offered at many other restaurants in Sea Point.
I would say the only draw back is it is not an intimate dining experience, it got a little noisy but if with friends or a group this is great as adds to the atmosphere but I'm not sure if I'd go here for a romantic dinner for 2.
There's lots of good steak restaurants in SA but this one is tough to beat!

1  Thank Danny3279
There are newer reviews for NV-80

Reviewed 1 December 2015 via mobile

I had the NV-80 seafood platter with salad as a side. It was great! I really enjoyed it! We chose the cheesecake for dessert and it was delicious! The service was perfect. All in all, I was very happy with my meal! It's on the pricier side though.

1  Thank ww679087
Reviewed 30 November 2015

My wife and I ate here after searching for a good steak restaurant on Trip Advisor and we weren't disappointed. Our taxi driver was raving about it on the way so we were looking forward to it. Staff were friendly on arrival. We got a Fillet and a T-bone steak and honestly are the best steaks we have ever tasted!!! So tender and so reasonably priced. I would highly recommend visiting here if you are in Cape Town.

1  Thank darren1702
Reviewed 27 November 2015 via mobile

Top beef, nice wine and good service. A bit loudly and crowdy but a trendy place. Good service by friendly waiters makes it complete.

1  Thank Tippie H
Reviewed 26 November 2015

Surprised by this restaurant located at the top of an escalator in a shopping precinct. Great food and service at a price that really isn't enough. Good steak well cooked and wondeful seafood as you wopuld expect. Comprehensive wine menu, all round winner

1  Thank TheGoodFoodBoy