“Good breakfast ”

Tashas
Ranked #84 of 1 225 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Beautiful food. Stunning environments. Engagingly delivered.
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Ate here before going to Robben Island, the restaurant is nice clean and the waiters are very friendly and have good recommendation if you aren’t sure what you feel like eating .

The breakfast portions are a good size so you won’t leave here feeling hungry.

I had the classic breakfast it had all the options you would want and eggs were cooked to perfection, if you like muffins be sure to try one of theirs.
Overall a nice breakfast spot.

1  Thank Kevin E

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

My Sunday evening consisted of a dinner visit to Tashas at the V and A waterfront. I sat down with my family and had brilliant service from start to finish. I was welcomed and treated brilliantly by all the staff and felt completely at home in the bespoke interior of the restaurant.

My meal was a sirloin steak sliced and mixed with Rosa tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts, rocket, a balsamic and soya dressing with a side of chips (there are other options)

It was absolutely delicious!

The sauce and the sun dried tomatoes went hand in hand, matching each other beautifully. The rocket brought in a brilliant contrast to the flavors and was portioned enough to be mixed with the entire meal. The pine nuts were possibly what made the meal such a radical explosion of tastes in my mouth as they came across strong and fearless when you got to bite into one. The sirloin was made medium-rare and I found it extremely easy to slice through (which was truly pleasant as it is awful to cut and cut and cut away at your plate while trying to keep a conversation)

All I can give as improvements is to possibly make the steak slices thinner so that they can be eaten easily (also it does say that they gave been thinly sliced in the menu)
The sauce was delicious but I found myself gulping down my drink as it became extremely acidic and started burning my gums and tongue. The only way I can guess that this is solved is through a side if rice (which is an option available) however I chose the chips and highly regretted it.

Over all it was a pleasant experience and I do recommend Tashas to anyone looking for big portions, decent prices and a welcoming atmosphere.

-N

1  Thank Natalie M
Reviewed 22 January 2018

The food is always consistent and the service is always good but lunch yesterday was an exception. The restaurant was full at lunch time. It was so noisy and just seemed so chaotic. The meals took some time to arrive and two had to be returned, one was cold the other over salted. We had to pour our own wine too. Would not be too keen to return. It did not offer value for money either.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Tashas is a chain of restaurants. We ate diner at Tashas in V&A Waterfront, which is a very popular place for diner. We sat outside with some view to the water.
Friendly staff, a large menu, delicious food and a selection of deserts. One of the better mid-rate choices when you eat at V&A Waterfront.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Came for breakfast. Came back for lunch. It was all so good. We would have come back for dinner too but we we were only in Cape Town for a few days and thought we should try some other restaurants. In all honesty, I would have been happy to have all my meals here as they have a really big menu and everything we tried was delicious. Perfect location at the V&A if you want a good meal.

1  Thank baytravel