Lowest prices for your stay
Protea Hotels
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia.comUS$110
Priceline
Hotels.comUS$110
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 November 2020

This hotel doesn't understand what customer service is or valuing your customers. For two days they've been drilling the walls next door to our room from morning until about 16:00, woke my kids up, we can't hear each other talk, it is so awful. The hotel didn't bother to inform is that they will be doing this drilling work. When I complained they told me private residents can do what ever renovations they like during the week. So stuff us ordinary guests who endure this painful noise for almost entire stay! Their attitude is something else. The manager himself was not helpful at all. I asked to be moved to another room, they offered one room exact spot but 2 floors up. That didn't help the excruciating noise.

And then we tried to go up to the pool deck to escape the noise and the pool looked like it was last cleaned before level 5 lockdown. The days we chose to stay in were the worst. When you call for housekeeping they tell you they've knocked off, so no service for you.

I'll never use this hotel again.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Zee Ismail, General Manager at Protea Hotel Cape Town North Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2020

Dear 898tmonyana,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Protea Hotel Cape Town North Wharf and providing your honest feedback on Tripadvisor.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent this kind of service delivery and noise issues from occurring in the future.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us during these unusual times.

ZEE ISMAIL
Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town North Wharf

Reviewed 4 March 2020 via mobile

Hotel is consistent with what you would expect from a Marriott Courtyard type of hotel with the difference being they have a full restaurant and bar next to lobby area.
The staff was very nice and helpful.
If you are doing the waterfront area this is about 10-13 minutes walking. I would. Or do this at night but did it several times during the day.
Only real complaint was the outsidenoise from the courtyard area below. Not sure if they were homeless people or drunk idiots but it went on for hours each night.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank LPogo
Reviewed 5 February 2020 via mobile

I was welcomed by a friendly security lady, she asked for my surname then showed me where to park, she went further and offered to arrange someone to assist with the luggage, told her I would manage. As I get to the reception they already had my check in papers ready and received a great welcome.
The rooms are something else ‘ home from home’ you have everything that you will normally have in your own house.

Fast forward breakfast area very welcoming, the staff there goes an extra mile, the next morning already they new my preferences. Excellent job

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Zee I, General Manager at Protea Hotel Cape Town North Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2020

Dear joycemoloi,

On behalf of the entire hotel team, we want to thank you for sharing your most memorable experiences with us during your recent stay.

Thank you for staying at the Protea Hotel Cape Town North Wharf and we hope you choose to create more memories here whenever your travels bring you back to Cape Town.

Best regards,

Zee Ismail

Reviewed 8 January 2020 via mobile

A nice, clean and spacious apartment to kick start our trip of South Africa. Breakfast was lovely and the staff couldn’t do enough to help! Also it is only a 10-15 minute stroll to the V&A waterfront! Not luxurious but just what we needed for our short stay!

Date of stay: January 2020
Zee I, General Manager at Protea Hotel Cape Town North Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2020

Dear Tobykins1986,

We are delighted to have been your chosen hotel during your recent stay in Cape Town. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

We appreciate your business and value your feedback. Your comments have been shared with the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver exceptional service to guests like you.

Thank you for staying at the Protea Hotel Cape Town North Wharf and we hope you choose to create more memories with us whenever your travels bring you back to Cape Town.

ZEE ISMAIL

Reviewed 21 December 2019

This was my 4th stay at the hotel, 4 nights, in a 2 bedroom apartment.

The bar across the road plays extremely loud music. Hotel staff said music stops around 10pm... It doesnt! It sounds as if a radio has been turned on full blast in the bedrooms.

Thursday night - called reception at 22h30 to complain about the noise nuisance - no feedback and no change in the volume of the music.

Friday night - called reception at 22h30 to complain about the blaring music. The police were called - yet the loud music continued even after police arrived. The volume of the music was turned down at 00h10.

While I do appreciate the duty manager apologising for the disturbance - it is my opinion that this probably happens on a regular basis and that nothing can/will be done. It is for this reason that I believe that Protea/Marriot Hotel group is indifferent to the needs of their loyal patrons.

I will not return to Protea Hotel North Wharf.

I do not recommend staying at Protea Hotel North Wharf.

I will not be renewing my Prokard membership.

Date of stay: December 2019