All reviews spice restaurant boutique hotel plunge pool small hotel main road min walk breakfast was included huge bed the hotel staff rooms are large visiting cape town fabulous hotel close proximity home away from home stayed nights central location waterfront
Reviewed 24 April 2015

I stayed at the Sugar Hotel last week and found the whole experience thoroughly enjoyable. From the friendly staff, the outstanding food and the beautiful room, I will certainly be back! I've never tasted Eggs Benedict as good as at this boutique hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2015

Superb hotel with wonderful people! We made enquiries with several hotels in Cape Town to chill for one day and night after a long flight from Hong Kong with a 2 year old! Sugar Hotel was the only one which quickly responded to my email enquiry and conveyed a sincere pleasure at the opportunity to welcome us to their hotel.
I have to say it completely exceeded our expectations... beautifully appointed room, cot for our little one, plunge pool on the decking area, and an early check in sorted - all with a smile!
Can also the restaurant - Marc's Table - for some yummy food and friendly service. All in all the hospitality was second to none.
Stay here if you get the chance!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2015

We found this little gem via Trip advisor – what a find? All email communications were handled in a very helpful and efficient manner. We pre-booked a taxi from Cape Town International Airport, having been travelling for nearly 24 hours it worked like a dream. We stayed in one night in room 4 which was nice but quite small then moved into room 5 for 3 nights which was significantly bigger.
The Sugar is a small boutique hotel in Cape Town, located in an important avenue of the city but not too noisy. Walking distance from most of V&A attractions as well as a number of restaurants! We eat at Marc's Table one evening the meal was super. The staff in the hotel quickly remembered our names and always took the time needed to chat about tours and restaurants in town.
Breakfast was lovely although the service wasn’t the fastest in fact we pre-ordered the night before. Odette is lovely nothing is too much trouble for her. We will be back thank you.

Date of stay: March 2015
1  Thank Birmingham1
Reviewed 10 April 2015

We chose this hotel in Cape Town largely for it's location close to the Waterfront. Huge room with the biggest bed I have ever seen. Spotlessly clean and all the staff are extremely friendly and helpful in suggesting trips and places to visit. Small car parking area very welcome,and we loved the breakfasts. We also ate one time in the evening which was also excellent. Only gripe is the very limited information in the rooms about hotel facilities.I never found out how to use the safe as there are no instructions on how to set the code. There is no mention either of a swimming pool,which we did not see.

Date of stay: March 2015
Reviewed 10 April 2015

My first time in Cape Town. Truly didn't know what to expect. The Sugar Hotel was such a treasure. Excellent location. Wonderful rooms. Very friendly and helpful staff. The bed was simply to die for. I wish I could ship one to London.

The breakfast was top notch. The restaurant "Marc's Table" was especially good. This isn't just a normal hotel cafe but an extremely competent staff and setting. The food was consistently of high quality.

Would we come back? 100% yes.

Room tip: We had a room facing the street and could hear no noise either from cars or from the restaurant.