Daddy Long Legs Art Hotel
US$138
Protea Hotels
  • Restaurant
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$204
Protea Hotel Cape Town Victoria Junction(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$221
US$214
  • Pool
Cape Diamond Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$146
US$64
  • Restaurant
Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$120
Protea Hotels
  • Pool
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$88
  • Breakfast included
ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn On The Square(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$63
  • Pool
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$779
US$742
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$132
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsemergency roomlong streetkaraoke roomunique roomsreception areanight liferooms are smallrestaurants and barsshort staya great staylocation is greathop on hop off buscentral locationdlllongstreetbreenightlife
Reviewed 3 February 2018

Beautiful rooms with a different topic each one. The hotel is five minutes walking from the Greenmarket and restaurants. The staff is super friendly and helpful. Trere are tee and coffe facilities for free and TV also. The balcony is a nice place to hang out and drink something fresh. Would go back again with no doubt.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank nataliagF2492DR
Manie786, General Manager at Daddy Long Legs Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Dear nataliagF2492DR

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Daddy Long Legs Art Hotel and for taking the time to share your positive experience with the rest of the world. :-)

We wish you everything of the best and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

I rarely leave reviews, but I'm compelled to with Daddy Long Legs Art Hotel.

I recently traveled to Cape Town for the first time last month and stayed at Daddy Long Legs for the night before migrating to our rental in Camps Bay. In short, I could not have had a more positive experience.

To give you some background, I'm an avid traveler from the U.S. and prefer staying in boutique hotels over the templated Marriott's of the world mainly because boutique hotels offer a unique personality that otherwise go missing in the big chain properties, and I feel the experience is more personalized.

Daddy Long Legs Art Hotel did not disappoint. The hotel was unique in every way, including the rooms which are all decorated in a distinctive, fun theme that is not only memorable, but COMFORTABLE. If you want a TV, house slippers, and a mini bar, you should go to the Westin. But if you want a clean, unique, and standout room, comfortable bed, wifi, and a prime location walking distance to everything, this is it. Realistically, you're there to discover CPT, not be holed up in your hotel room watching CNN.

However, what stood out the most was not the art portion of this artsy boutique hotel (side note: historically, the landmark building was originally owned by an artist, which makes it even cooler), but its exceptional customer service. The staff was incredibly helpful, hospitable, friendly and professional. They know what they're doing, and suffice to say, my stay was a positive one because of them. Mannie, the manager, was a delight to talk to and very accommodating in helping me navigate the city.

Long story short, great location, hotel, and service! Would recommend this hotel any day.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank mischaarmada

Dear Mischa

Thank you for choosing to stay at Daddy Long Legs Art Hotel and for taking the time to share your positive experience with the rest of the world.

You review is by far one of the best in the sense that it describes the hotel for what it is - Unique in everyway and yes it's not a 5 Star establishment but you're going to be treated like "Kings and Queens" as that is how we see our guests...

It's was a pleasure to accommodate you and the staff and myself look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Nice team, perfect location, arty spirit.
Friendly some of the rooms are a little bit light or let some noise coming in.
Except that , advices are good, always someone at the desk, all you need is downstairs.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oliviera100
Manie786, General Manager at Daddy Long Legs Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Dear oliviera100

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Daddy Long Legs Art Hotel and for taking the time to share your "nice" experience with the rest of the world. ;-)

We wish you everything of the best and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Money was STOLEN from my wallet and the staff was very unhelpuf about it, they even hang up in my boyfriends face. The hotel is ugly and cheezy and there is absolutely nothing artistic about it, the towels had stains and everything looked dirty and cheap. It was definetely THE WORST EXPERIENCE with a hotel I have ever had.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Manie786, General Manager at Daddy Long Legs Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Dear Camille C

Thank you for choosing to stay at Daddy Long Art Hotel.

I was informed of your claim on the morning that you departed which was around 4am before I got to work and I immediately reacted as this is not something that we take lightly and the staff know that they'll be in big trouble if they should ever remove any personal belongings from our guests rooms.

Your boyfriend claimed that a $100 was stolen from his wallet which was in his bag and he also claimed that the room safe was not working and there was nothing else about towels being stained or that the hotel was not good or that the staff hanged up on his call.

I had to do an investigation with the little information that I was given as you didn't answer my email or the questions surrounding the details behind your claim.

This is what I found as per my email dated 03/01/2018:
- The room safe was working 100% and if you didn't know how to operate the safe then you should've asked the staff to assist you as they're always happy to assist our guests.
- I spoke to all the staff and I was given no reason to not trust that they did not remove or stole your boyfriend's $100 from his wallet which was in his bag.
- The staff have been working for the hotel for years and we've never had an issues with our guests money being stolen from their bags.

I'll be more that happy to look further into this matter but I need for your to please answer my questions in the email dated 03/01/2018.

Manie

Reviewed 25 January 2018

Great place, close to everything! Staff very welcoming. Stayed in a room called “far from home” very suiting as I was from Canada visiting my friend fro. SA. Room simple but was clean and all we needed.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Manie786, General Manager at Daddy Long Legs Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Dear 81laurelb

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Daddy Long Legs Art Hotel and for taking the time to share your awesome experience with the rest of the world.

We're very happy that you enjoyed your stay.

We wish you everything of the best...