“Outstanding service and sushi”
Review of Village Sushi

Village Sushi
Ranked #278 of 1 257 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

I had only been introduced to sushi two years back, and since my pallet has tasted the wonders of sushi and having experiencing many sushi places, I truly believe village sushi got it right,
The staff are helpful and friendly yet not too overbearing, and are happy to assist you with a smile.
The sushi is mind blowing with generous fish and not so much rice, I took my bosses there for lunch and two days later are still talking about their excellent sushi noodle dish.
I would give this place six stars and will most definitely be back for more.

Reviewed 31 December 2016

We stayed also in the Hotel, from the 27/12/2016-31/12/2016. As for the restaurant, the staff are all friendly, professional, very helpful in short brilliant. The service is quick and with a smile. When it takes longer, customers are advised before booking a table that it might take up to 30-40 min. With that the customer can decide if she/he wants to stay or leave. The Sushi was tasty and fresh. Breakfast was also very nice. The sausages, Bacon, fried tomatoes, mushrooms, eggs benedict, poached eggs and scambled eggs were very good.

Special thanks to, Cassandra, Shannon, Blythe, Valicia and Freddie who made us feel welcome as valued customers if not even friends. Also a huge thank you to all the restaurant staff who made our experience a treat to remember for some time to come.

If you are looking for value for your money, friendly service, good grub, and a good dining experience then The Village Sushi is for you.
With the current crew running this establishment, I would whole heartedly and with good conscious recommend this restaurant! I would definitely return!

Thank you and keep up the good work, it definitely does credit to you!

With warmest and heartfelt regards,
André & Phillip

Reviewed 20 December 2016

So, having been told that we could get a table on the patio without making a booking we arrived at 5:30 and were put on a waiting list. The waiter promised to call us when a table became available. After waiting for 2 and a half hours for a table (making repeated calls to the restaurant to check if there was a table) we finally were seated. Actually nobody had phoned us - we arrived and a table was sitting open. The waiter let us know that the sushi would take 45 minutes to prepare but did not let us know that the kitchen was closing at 9pm! When we tried to get a second plate we were told rudely that the kitchen was closed. So much for eat as much as you like. The manager was equally rude and told us that we should have come earlier! I honestly would not recommend any restaurant that treats their customers with such little respect. I will be warning everyone to stay away.

1  Thank NadineP1511
Reviewed 13 December 2016 via mobile

Sushi is ok, service ok, prices ok, you won't be disappointed but you won't be thrilled either. Bit like all the restaurants at Noordhoek farm village.

Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

I found it reasonably priced and very good service as well as delicious and fresh. Some unique optional extras to the menu. Setting lovely too!