“GREAT lunch”

Ranked #16 of 1 228 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 December 2017

have been there to meet a friend and have a coffe
at the end we had a spectacular 3 course lunch with a really good italian espresso

kitchen is really good

Reviewed 6 December 2017

If you don't book ahead, you can still eat at the bar. This is a hopping place with great energy. We enjoyed the kingklip fish and the super friendly service. The menu is on a black board and the wine list if really good.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

For our first night in South Africa we decided to visit Black Sheep as it was a short walk from our guesthouse and has rave reviews. What an introduction to Cape Town food! Excellent service from start to finish from our waiter, James, who made us feel very welcome. The restaurant has a great ambiance, lots of people around drinking and having a good time, soaking up the views of the setting sun and Table Mountain. There was a great selection of food up on the board (no menu, which was fun) with some dishes I would class as ‘safer bets’ and some to broaden your horizons. We had the rabbit hearts and livers wrapped in bacon, chilli squid salad, rabbit in tarragon sauce and the kudu dish. I had never had kudu before (or had even heard of it) but the way it was prepared made it melt in your mouth, and I would definitely choose it again. In addition there are a great selection of local beers and wines (and cocktails) to suit all budgets. We enjoyed it so much we stuck around for pudding and an after dinner drink, and was surprised and happy when we saw the bill, which was very reasonable considering e thought we pushed the boat out. The Black Sheep should definitely be on your list if you want a relaxed and delicious night out, it’s certainly on ours for when we come back in future - thank you Black Sheep team!

1  Thank alexrolfe4
Reviewed 6 December 2017

This restaurant was the total opposite of what I expected when I walked in - it looks like a burgers and beer hangout, but the food was more like casual fine dining. Everything was incredibly fresh and served beautifully. I loved the mix of classic and more adventurous meals. I visited for lunch, and, based on the other reviews about how busy this place is, I think it's probably the best time to try Black Sheep out. Great food and service, I'll be back for sure!

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Went to this fabulous restaurant on a Saturday night a few weeks ago tried to book and was told no table available for 2 weeks ! So popular we were advised to turn up in case of a cancellation very helpful staff we took the ladies advised and although we had to wait for about 40 mins it was well worth the visit ! The food and atmosphere was superb one of the best meals in Capetown would certainly return on my next visit to Capetown