“Woman could not be bothered / non existent service”
Review of Diemersdal

Diemersdal
Reviewed 11 June 2015 via mobile

A party of five visited the estate on Monday 01/06/15, requested the wine tasting package, it was a miserable experience no information relayed back the woman advised that it's not her job and she has other things to do and the only one there, but she was all too happy to take our money when we inquired about the tasting !! Try any other estates as they were all wonderful (8 we tried) with the exception of Diemersdal. I will never buy their wine again !

There are newer reviews for Diemersdal

Reviewed 12 January 2015

This is really a hidden gem in the Durbanville vineyards! R25 per tasting and when purchasing wine over the price of R100 the tasting is for free.

Very knowledgeable team and super friendly and bubbly.

Nicely shaded areas with beautiful views. This is by far one of my favorite vineyards.

Also the Cheese and meat platter is really lovely and good value at R160 and is more than enough for 4 people. Absolutely delicious!

Do yourself a favor and go there!!!

1  Thank Laetitia G
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Being from the wine region of California I just can't say enough good things about the experience of wine tasting in the Cape Town region of South Africa. Diemersdal is a perfect example of what is good in this area. Great old venue, beautiful scenery, relaxed atmosphere, and very nice wines. And if you want a meal they have a popular restaurant on the site. Prices are very fair for the wines. I'm not much of a white wine fan so I can't give a fair report but we did find some of their reds to be as good as it gets. Bought enough to last a month but it was all gone after a couple of dinner parties!

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Was worth the Short Drive to Durbanville to fine this splendid Winery tucked away in a Beautifull Setting.We sipped Fine Wine in the Air Conditioned Wine Tasting Room.The 2011 Private Collection was Dreamy and Velvet to the Tongue.They are on my Top 10 List

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I booked lunch at the Restaurant for our large group celebrating a birthday. We started at the wine tasting half an hour prior to lunch time and so enjoyed the tasting (relaxed atmosphere and knowledgable staff) that we ended up late to lunch. Despite being a little worried that we might encounter a frosty reception at the restaurant for all pitching up 40 minutes late but, I'm happy to report, there was no such response! The staff are generally methodical and reserved - allowing us to thoroughly enjoy ourselves without needing to follow up on orders etc. Having completed a thorough wine tasting we all knew exactly what to order (Chardonnay Reserve is outstanding!) to compliment out meals.

The majority decided on the tapas which was presented to each person on a "cheese board". The tapas was truely amazing. Very enjoyable, varied, well presented and carefully considered. I will be back just for the tapas & chardonnay! Although I'm now keen to try out their set-menus...

I highly recommend Diemersdal! It's rather hidden in the Durbanville wine region and that makes it all the more enjoyable. A lovely lunch stop and excellent wines. I'm delighted to find this calibre of wine farm in my home town.

1  Thank BookEndDoha