“Highly recommended tapas & wine”
Review of Diemersdal

Diemersdal
Doha
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Highly recommended tapas & wine”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I booked lunch at the Restaurant for our large group celebrating a birthday. We started at the wine tasting half an hour prior to lunch time and so enjoyed the tasting (relaxed atmosphere and knowledgable staff) that we ended up late to lunch. Despite being a little worried that we might encounter a frosty reception at the restaurant for all pitching up 40 minutes late but, I'm happy to report, there was no such response! The staff are generally methodical and reserved - allowing us to thoroughly enjoy ourselves without needing to follow up on orders etc. Having completed a thorough wine tasting we all knew exactly what to order (Chardonnay Reserve is outstanding!) to compliment out meals.

The majority decided on the tapas which was presented to each person on a "cheese board". The tapas was truely amazing. Very enjoyable, varied, well presented and carefully considered. I will be back just for the tapas & chardonnay! Although I'm now keen to try out their set-menus...

I highly recommend Diemersdal! It's rather hidden in the Durbanville wine region and that makes it all the more enjoyable. A lovely lunch stop and excellent wines. I'm delighted to find this calibre of wine farm in my home town.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank BookEndDoha

Leeds, United Kingdom
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 249 helpful votes
“Lunch and wine tasting now”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I have been wine tasting at Diemersdal before, but decided to combine it with lunch this time. I was not disappointed. The wine tasting was excellent - good wines and informative staff. Their Eight Rows Sauvignon Blanc is excellent - 2013 having just been released
The restaurant is in an old barn next to the tasting room. There is a choice of a platter of tapas or a main of the day to choose from. This was a veal burger on the day I vsited - delicious! Very good flavour and service friendly. They serve their own estate wines at a very reasonable price. A good choice for lunch when you are in Durbanville

Visited July 2013
South Africa
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Farm Style family Lunch”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We really enjoyed our lunch at Diemersdal. We were informed of the set menu in advance (its posted on their webpage too) and it was served in a very casual family style. Excellent soup and generous breads. The mains of roast chicken and all the trimmings were delicious. The cherry on the cake was that all the superb Diemersdal wines are available at the farm eatery at cellar door price, so thats R52 for a bottle of one of my favourite Sauvignon Blancs. The juicy grenache is also worth a mention at R95. We ended up having coffee on the lawn in the sunshine. Bliss. Lovely service too.

Visited June 2013
Observatory, Western Cape, South Africa
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Forgettable 50th anniversary lunch”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

A total of 11 adult children and grandchildren were there for what should have been and enjoyable lunch. Firstly, we had to postpone the Saturday to Sunday as limited menu available. The dishes were randonly selected. the starter was doughy with a unknown filling. The main was chicken an pork with no real vegetables, but an assortment of things. The desert was a tart with no option of ice cream or anything.
At least the quantity was enough and no one left hungry, but the compilation was questionable.
I'll give it a miss. Maybe it will improve in time.
One thing remains, their wines are lovely!

Visited February 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 249 helpful votes
“Excellent wines and very friendly”
Reviewed 31 December 2012

This a beautiful estate and the wines are excellent. I love Sauvignon Blanc and this estate does several! Eight Rows being my favourite.
Beautiful setting and tasting inside an old Cape Dutch building. Very informative and you could taste what you wanted, no charge at the moment.
The food also looked very good and it is a great place to sit under the umbrellas in summer
The only downside, as a tourist, was finding the place. It's not easy but we glad we persevered. It is probably best approached from the N7, rather than the N1

Visited December 2012