“Gorgeous place! ”
Review of Blackheath Lodge

Blackheath Lodge
Ranked #4 of 111 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

This place is beautiful and a lovely oasis of calm in Cape Town. We stayed in a loft suite which is huge, airy, light and has wonderful views. Can't recommend Blackheath Lodge and its perfect location enough.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Blackheath Lodge

95 - 99 of 1 847 reviews

Reviewed 3 January 2017

Blackhealth Lodge is incredible. The staff are absolutely fantastic and will do anything to make your stay more comfortable. The rooms were great and well thought out, like the inclusion of a mobile phone to take with you for the day. Breakfasts were amazing and we even hired the onsite car for the day to do a day trip.

You will not be disappointed, it really is one of the best places I have ever stayed. Thanks!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2017

BHL was a delightful experience. The common rooms , courtyard pool gardens/deck area, the windowed veranda breakfast room, the many sitting rooms and our bright spacious deluxe room with water views were all above expectations! Karin and Josh made us feel welcome from the first ring of the door bell to our late check-out complimentary glasses of wine. Karin called me "Ambassador" and hubby and I returned one night to find our Canadian flag flying on the flag pole.

The residential location of BHL on the hillside is quiet, private with water views and a 5 block walk down to the extensive Sea Point promenade which in itself was a pleasure to walk and people watch.

Then there was the food. Wow! Breakfast was fabulous. Snacks generous all day. On Dec 25, the staff prepared an amazing luncheon buffet . The serving staff was friendly and professional.

Sigh. When can we return?

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JDarlene
Reviewed 29 December 2016

I booked 2 rooms here for us and our 2 boys, ages 20 and 12 based on the reviews. The prices were reasonable so my expectations were that it would be a comfortable stay in a good location. The lodge passed my expectations in many ways. First of all
1. The Bed. The sheets were high quality and the pillows were wonderful. The mattress itself was just right, not too soft, not too hard. I slept better than I have in months and felt great in the morning. My husband also commented on the quality and comfort of the bed. I have stayed in luxurious hotels and this bed was right up there with the best of them.
2. The Staff The staff makes this place so much more than a place to sleep and eat breakfast. They are folks that you feel like are your friends after you have stayed there for a night or two. All of them were so wonderful, Karen went above and beyond to make sure we were happy and busy and our entire family loved her. The owner was so nice and friendly as well as every single person on staff.
3. The breakfast. I thought it was very good, we had eggs and bacon most mornings and one morning tried the french toast. It was very fresh and home made tasting. I did wish they had a capuchin machine, as SA coffee is a little strong for our taste, but they did offer plenty of cream and sugar to lighten it up. There is a fully stocked bar and someone is always on hand to make a drink for you at any time of day or night. There are always snacks on hand.
4. The Extras. Little things that made it so much better than a hotel, like having a phone to call for a cab given to us on arriving, with the taxi number already put in along with the hotel number in case one was lost. Having someone make dinner reservations for you at amazing restaurants. THe lobby full of games and books. The classy style of the decor and furniture. The garden area with a variety of plants. These little things added together just made such a nice visit, if I went back to Cape Town I would not hesitate to stay there again!
My only note is about small children. There are some breakables around, if your children are a little unruly or wild, I would not recommend staying here as you will likely be stressed out while you keep them out of trouble. If I had stayed there with my 3 boys when there were little I would not have had fun. There is no play area for them, and there are lots of steps. Wait till they are older to appreciate it and relax at a hotel that has a kid play area. I did see one family there with a small child, so they are allowed, but the child was very young and the mother was keeping him close at all times.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice and they are all decorated differently. I got a peek at the honey moon suite...
Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank TessaDaum
Reviewed 25 December 2016

amazingly stylish and clean hote, with the most friendly staff. We really felt like staying in a friend's villa. All recommendations of what to do or where to go where great, everyone was so friendly and warm. Pool area very chilled and breakfast was delicious. We will for sure come back.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1 413 reviews
Cape Grace
#6 of 111 in Cape Town Central
2 059 reviews
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, C...
#29 of 111 in Cape Town Central
1 514 reviews
One&Only Cape Town
#13 of 111 in Cape Town Central
1 636 reviews

Been to Blackheath Lodge? Share your experiences!