Reviews (1 971)
1 971 results
1 819
1 819
All reviewssea pointlocal mobile phonehome away from homerestaurant recommendationsthe entire staffstay in cape townsouth africalittle touchescape pointcooked breakfastour honeymoondinner reservationspersonal servicewestern capecamps baya wonderful stayguest house
404 - 409 of 1 971 reviews
Reviewed 2 November 2015 via mobile

We had 4 nights here . Room was great. Breakfast was perfect. Location was good, easy walk to the V and A waterfront. Staff were the best. Expensive but worth every penny. We will surely get back to Blackheath lodge when next we are in Cape Town.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Antony T, Owner at Blackheath Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2015

Many thanks for your great review.

Reviewed 31 October 2015

An amazing stay at Blackheath Lodge all was ok service staff totally we liked , my favourite meal of the day, were first class. You can organise transfer by them Thank you team, we look forward to seeing you again.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2015

Just spent 3 nights in Cape Town at this lodge and the staff were so amazing--they had lots of good suggestions & advice and took care of all the details. Great location--near enough to the Waterfront to walk in about 40 minutes. Good food, good wine. Very pleasant pool area with some shade. Wished we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2015

We wanted to have a smaller scale start to our Cape trip and Blackheath Lodge fitted the bill. Right from the pick up to the departure, everything was first class. The staff are friendly curtious and really helpful. Nothing ever seems to be a big deal and everything can be organised. The lounge and eating areas surround a lovely courtyard and pool. We stayed in a loft room which was spacious and airy, and very well appointed. The little touches of complimentary snacks and a bottle of lovely wine just went with the sense of this genuinely being a stay in someone's home. Do try one of the evening meals which are yummy and good value. Thanks Charl, Godfrey and everyone else.

Room Tip: Loft room is great
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2015

Blackheath Lodge was one of the highlights of my four night stay in Cape Town. Everything about my experience was of high quality and the staff exuded a warmth of hospitality that made me, a solo traveler, feel right at home. The many details for those who appreciate them were numerous from the daily place settings at breakfast to the appointments in the room, and it all added up to one exquisite time. Also, I would like to share that during my time with BL, I lost my credit card. Anthony, one of the hosts, was invaluable in calming me down, finding the correct number to call to cancel the card (no easy feat in SA), and having his wonderful assistant provide me with a much needed glass of wine. Support like this comes from within and is nothing that can be learned. I loved "living" at BL for my CT experience and would recommend it to anyone who wishes a top quality lodge/B&B experience.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo