Reviews (1 985)
1 985 results
1 833
1 833
All reviews sea point local mobile phone home away from home restaurant recommendations the entire staff stay in cape town south africa little touches cape point breakfast was delicious our honeymoon dinner reservations personal service western cape camps bay a wonderful stay guest house
519 - 524 of 1 985 reviews
Reviewed 9 May 2015

A darling little B & B in Capetown. Close enough to walk to the waterfront and far enough from the city center to be in a quite neighborhood. I read the reviews from Trip Advisor and we were lucky enouugh to secure rooms for our party of 4 couples. Everyone enjoied their stay. All of our rooms were different, and all equally lovely. The breakfasts were hearty or you could just have a snack from the breakfast bar if you were in a hurry. Chamay and Anthony made sure ALL OF YOU NEEDS were met. If you needed a reservation for dinner they were ON IT. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were spic and span clean.

Room Tip: We had the villa suite, cute as could be, but up 19 spiral stairs. Our view of the city and bay were remarkable.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank kathfootball
John1999, Owner at Blackheath Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2015

Thank you for your kind review! Hope to see you again soon – Kind Regards Antony

Reviewed 5 May 2015

My brother-in-law and I started our South African Adventure with a 3 day stay at Blackheath Lodge. Our stay was superb from the initial contact to the last minutes of departure. Great location -- an oasis in a busy exciting city. Antony, Charle, Jean Claude, Geoffrey, and least we forget, Coco were very welcoming and accommodating. Dining reservations - done; shopping locations - done; day trip arrangements - done; taxi's - done. Stellar breakfast including lots of selections for those of us who cannot indulge in eating eggs!

I do hope that my adventures will bring me back to Capetown South Africa because I would not stay anywhere else.

5 Diamond experience.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Lorraine R
Reviewed 5 May 2015

I found the hotel on internet when searching for convenient location for short stay in Cape Town. Being first time visitor to South Africa and Cape Town, mail correspondence with staff member Charle helped me a lot to plan my visit and made it memorable. She organized the taxi transfer to the lodge and back to the airport, proposed an excellent daily tour to Cape Point, a reliable taxi service, and even provide local mobile phone to carry with during our three day stay there. Location is great, five minutes to the sea and a short drive to enter Table Mountain station and Waterfront. Internet was free, rooms were ok and breakfast was good with a lot of food to choose from. Would definitely reccommend to those travellers who value good home atmosphere and great service more than the fancy of modern hotels. Yes, the price of stay is relatively high but taking into account all services provided by the staff, worth paying for.

Room Tip: Room 1 and 2 could be little noisy, try get the rooms in upper floor maybe even with a view to the sea.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Mik1952
Reviewed 5 May 2015 via mobile

This lovely up-market B&B is very comfortable in a lovely neighbourhood in Cape Town that provides easy access to all the interesting sights in Cape Town - the rooms are comfortable even though some are smallish, the breakfasts substantial and excellent and the staff are charming and accommodating...a good place to use as a base to see this beautiful city and feel at home in all the best ways as well.

Stayed: May 2015
Reviewed 4 May 2015

I agree with everything that has been said.The attention to detail was superb.
If you are fortunate to visit this lovely city you will be even more fortunate if you stay here.We stayed for 5 nights under the name of Wood and wished we had stayed longer.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple