All reviews kloof street our honeymoon table mountain hot water bottles double shower plunge pool charming boutique hotel great boutique luxury room breakfast room is small hotel private terrace within walking distance south africa trip first stop three nights travel agent
Reviewed 15 October 2017

A great base to explore Cape Town from. Small enough so the staff can really care about you. Just off Klopp Street, on a quite Street so no road noise. Breakfast had everything from fresh fruit, home made musli and cooked breakfasts that really set you up for a day of sight seeing. With a coffee maker and fire in the room at nigh, what’s not to love

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed 14 October 2017

We stayed at this charming friendly hotel for 4 nights after we had driven the Garden Route.
Situated in a nice area with loads of restaurants nearby in Kloof Street. The hotel had 24 hour security guards present.
We ate out on 4 nights and would highly recommend Kloof House and The Black Sheep restaurants. The food was fantastic and both had a lovely atmosphere.

The staff at the hotel were super helpful and friendly and made sure we enjoyed our stay. It was lovely having a ore-dinner drink in front of the open fire and chatting to other guests about their travels.
Breakfast was wonderful.
A perfect place to stay in Capetown

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights during our two weeks stay in South Africa.
It’s a beautiful boutique hotel just off of Kloof street.
I had booked a premium room, the first room we where shown was beautiful with a massive bathroom and nice outside terrace, but a little dark inside.
I asked if they had a brighter room and our luck was in as they showed us a first floor room which was lovely and light and still had a small terrace.
Drinks were served early evening in the drawing room(we never got back in time to enjoy this complimentary service) but we did get to use the honesty bar in the drawing room.

We managed to have one of our breakfasts outside in the garden terrace.
We never got to use the pool as the weather was too cold.

We had a lovely time here, everyone was super friendly.

Only a couple of niggles.
We were recommended a restaurant for dinner on our first evening that was closed and the other choice which I suggested, was also closed but the lady at reception did not seem to know this when I asked her opinion on my choice for dinner.

One other niggle and it reminds me of the saying of the late Michael Winner ( sometime food critic) who said I never give a food order unless the person writes it down.
Twice my breakfast order was incorrect when received and although lovely, I never during my 4 breakfasts here received my eggs done as requested.
It may seem a minor point but the main meal they serve is breakfast, and if they can’t get your preferences right then don’t offer a choice.

Anyway I digress, the room was beautiful, the staff super friendly, the hotel is well located.
Would I stay here again.
Yes, in heartbeat.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank James A
Reviewed 2 October 2017

We spent 4 nights in August in a room at the end of the upstairs hall which was spacious, nicely decorated, but old. The windows didn't seal properly, they blew open one night in strong winds. We had to get the front desk staff up to close a bathroom window at 4am. The hotel offered nice touches, like hot water bottles in the bed at night, port and glasses in the room and a cozy fireplace and wine in the lobby each night. Staff were very accommodating and the breakfast was excellent. The location was good, the property was quiet. Upgrades to lights in the room and rubber grip mats in the shower would be appreciated. The bathroom tile floor is quite dangerous when wet.

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed 29 September 2017

On our recent trip to Cape Town we stayed at the Cape Cadogan. The hotel staff was delightful and the boutique hotel did not disappoint. Breakfast was delicious and they have evening holdovers and drinks by the fireplace. Our beds were made every night with a special surprise waiting for us when we tucked in. On our last day we were picked up rather early and management was so caring they planned breakfast on the go! The hotel is centrally located but if you have a room facing the street it can be rather noisy. The size of the room and the comfort of the beds make up for all, enjoyable stay at a charming hotel. A special thank you to management and welcoming staff!

• Trip type: Travelled with family