“The best Gnocchi in town!”
Review of True Italic

True Italic
Ranked #154 of 1 299 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2017

I am an Italian foodie -- where there is Italian food, I want to be there; and True Italic gets my vote for any Gnocchi craving ever again!

Freshly made every day with an accompanying sauce that changes on the regular; my mouth waters just thinking about visiting again... I wish I could comment on more of their dishes, but I always go with my hungry gut and choose this pasta dish...

Quaint, cosy and vibrant -- this place has got a 'True Itali-an' atmosphere about it... It feels like I'm back in Italy here... Nostalgia at its best!

Date of visit: February 2017

Reviewed 22 June 2017

I loved the restaurant setting and the atmosphere was brilliant; nice light and acoustics with a perfect intimacy. The service was alright, nothing special and although the antipasti and pasta were good (handmade, light, lovely), the prices were completely outrageous. We live in Cape Town and understand Bree Street Restaurants can come with an elevated price tag and for the most part, we are happy to pay for great quality and innovative food, but this experience did not match up to the bill.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Location: perfect
Interior: Cosy and rustic
Staff: could be more friendly
Food: On 2 occasions that i was there starters were good(big sharing plafter of cheese and charcuterie and cheese fondue) but main meals were disappointing both times. My partner truffle pasta hardly had any truffle or tasted like one. My bread crumbed sirloin was tasteless. I only cut and had a little and brought the rest to give away on a cold night.
If they improve taste of their dishes they will have a nice place.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

Enjoyed a wonderful evening at True Italic in Bree Street Cape Town. The building is historic and the old bricks, beams and stone is on view. There is a lovely cellar where a party can be held for up to 40 people. This is where we had our function last night. The service is first class. The food is true Italian with all its flare and sumptuous portions.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

All in all not a bad evening, but service let down the experience. One of main reasons for going was to try the gnocchi - management only informed us the particular dish was not available when the rest of the main courses were about to be served. Good homemade pasta, although the prawn and saffron tagliatelle lacked some depth and complexity