“Excellent seafood”

Catch 22 Beachside Grille & Bar
Ranked #81 of 1 288 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Catch22 is a beachside grille with a touch of class. A surf and turf ocean-front dining experience where the steaks and seafood are both so good you're in a Catch 22 as to which to order! Fortunately for you, here you can have your steak and eat it too! A light seafood starter, followed by a grilled-to-perfection steak, or a combo of both allows you the best of both worlds in one sitting. Al-fresco inspired casual dining in a fresh, effortlessly styled environment indicative of coastal living. Good wines & modern cocktails, fresh ingredients, friendly hospitality & a sea view combine to offer an enjoyable, relaxed, linger-longer atmosphere. Whether you and a friend wish to catch up over brunch, a light seafood salad or sushi; you and a colleague are in need of an after-work cocktail or three accompanied by light finger foods and chilled music; or you and the family are in the mood for a mouth-watering evening meal of prawns and a perfectly grilled steak, you can call them up and say "Meet me at Catch22!"
Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed the seafood platters, everything was cooked to perfection. A pity they ran out of mussels. The service was excellent too!

Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

Really great menu. Sushi is fresh seafood amazing. Lots to choose from. Service was ok had to top up our own wine but when the foods this good you can let it slide. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 11 January 2017

Always a treat coming to Catch 22,

Always seated quick, sometimes if they are busy the waiters are abit slow, but the food is OUTSTANDING!!!!!
The fish and chips, salads, chilli popers, and sushi is a must try!!!
Love catching up with a friend and enjoy the wonderful views and food.

Great spot!!

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

This was our 1st visit to Catch 22. Decided to have lunch there after seeing their online menu. Perfect location and close to home. Hubby had a steak and mussel combo. I had rib and prawn combo. I brought a bottle of my own wine with (i am a very fussy wine drinker) The food arrived fairly quickly. Looked very nice. Hubby asked for hes steak medium rare but arrived more well done. Mussels were nice. My ribs were hard and dry but prawns were good. There was no sauce at aĺl on my plate(tartar or other) when i asked i was told i had to order a separate sauce at an additional cost. The bill arrived and the corkage was charged at R35 and not the stipulated R25(as per the online menu) as nowhere on the actual wine list was there any mention of corkage. I was told the online menu was old(yet all the prices including food and wine on the actual menu was identical to the online menu). Waiter went to manager who then waived the R10 extra charged for corkage. I was not happy with this as i feel it was purposely charged at the higher amount. Perhaps it was due to hubby having a heavy Scottish accent??? As he did a lot of the talking. Was not very impressed by our 1st visit. Must also add that our waitor was not the most friendly person either and not once during the course of our meal did he enquire whether our food was good etc.

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend and I went there for some seafood. The place was very busy and the service was still excellent and the food very good.