“Nothing Not to Like”

El Greeyo Roastery & Coffee Shop
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin
Reviewed 4 March 2017

I was staying across the street at the DoubleTree Hilton, felt too tired to go very far but wanted a change of scenery from the hotel. This unexpected little place is delightful. They don't have a full menu but I had a WONDERFUL quesadilla, toasted just right, with a nice amount of chicken and cheese. (I wouldn't have said no to more guacamole to go with it, but I didn't ask so there's that.) Ordered a bottle of wine (you take what's left with you) and sat upstairs where I had a lovely view as the sun went down. The service was informal but efficient and friendly. No complaints and I will go back. It suited me perfectly for what I wanted at the end of a long week.

Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

This place is great. It is right across the street from the Doubletree Hilton. They have coffee and terrific quiches and other breakfast items. Their handmade fresh juices are terrific and a steal at 15 Rand. The prices were super affordable and the staff very friendly.

Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

Very nice food and coffee. My favorite in area. Friendly and helpful staff. Nice atmosphere. My coffee and Lunch break between meetings and shopping.

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

A gem for a relaxed meal in this urban renewal area. Value for money and excellent coffee.
Great service.

Reviewed 12 November 2016

We ordered two beef burgers, for take away. When we received our "burgers" we got a hot dog roll , cut in two. This behavior is absolutely disgusting !! If el greeyo did not have any burger rolls left , the order should not have been accepted. Above that the "burger" or rather hot dog , was completely soggy, the roll was completely wet at the bottom.Again .. disgusting!! I would not advise anyone to eat here if this is the "pride" they take in preparing food. I am in total shock that any establishment would do this.