“Amazing place”

Price range: R 36 - R 218
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Truth Coffee is first and foremost a coffee roastery. We pride ourselves on artisan coffee. Secondly it is a steampunk cafe, named by MSN Travel UK's Tom Midlane, the best coffee shop in the world" and the Guardian Newspaper said, "Probably the coolest cafe in the World" At night, TRUTH. After Dark comes alive - setting the stage for late-night coffee cocktails & mocktails — the perfect compliment to our world-famous coffee, and a toast to your impeccable taste for the best that Cape Town has to offer when the lights go dim.
Reviewed 6 August 2020

It's worth stopping by just for the atmosphere and vibe of the place, its one of those places that you really need to look around several times to take everything in. The coffee was very good too. It does get crowded so try and time your visit accordingly.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviews (1 428)

84 - 88 of 1 428 reviews

Reviewed 4 June 2020 via mobile

This coffee shop was a block away from my office last August and boy did I love everything about. As someone who works in fashion, I was immediately drawn to each of the servers unique uniforms all with a clever steam punk twist. I felt like I was being served by the bad guys in ‘Mad Max’ (but not really because the whole staff was lovely). Oh and did I mention the coffee was great too? ;)

Date of visit: August 2019
2  Thank staceyd284
Reviewed 28 April 2020

I happened to order the Coffee Stout (which was delicious) and the rest of my party ordered various hot coffees. The place is amazing part factory, mostly science fiction decor. l cannot even remember what we spent - whatever the bill it was well worth the experience. I wish that I had purchased a souvenir t-shirt. Great place to visit while in Cape Town.

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank Travel33480356619
Reviewed 23 April 2020

We spotted in here because we saw it on Somebody Feed Phil! It was raining this day in Cape Town, so we wanted to sit and have some time inside, best coffee so many options. I wish I could have had 12 different cups, but we will have to go back to try all the different kinds.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 10 April 2020

Great atmosphere at the Truth Coffee house. It has an industrial look and staff are in great costumes. But lets get to the coffee - really good and food was also very tasty. The menu has a good selection for breakfast and lunch with trendy dishes an affordable prices. Enjoy the experience.

Date of visit: March 2020