“Epic venue”

Price range: US$2 - US$20
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Truth Coffee is first and foremost a coffee roastery. We pride ourselves on artisan coffee. Secondly it is a steampunk cafe, named by MSN Travel UK's Tom Midlane, the best coffee shop in the world" and the Guardian Newspaper said, "Probably the coolest cafe in the World" At night, TRUTH. After Dark comes alive - setting the stage for late-night dessert dining with a hint of the theatrical, directed by our Paris-born, Michelin star-forged master pastry chef: “I’m bringing an experience to the plate. It’s going to be intriguing.” — Kamal Hamzaoui. Join us Tuesdays to Saturdays between 6 pm and midnight for a selection of exquisite, luxury desserts—the perfect compliment to our world-famous coffee, and a toast to your impeccable taste for the best that Cape Town has to offer when the lights go dim.
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

The most amazing staff in Cape Town work at this Restruant. I love the atmosphere, I love the coffee. It would be incredibly hard to fault this establishment. (If anything it would be nice if they had more toilet facilities but that is a small issue).

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Eveready930
Write a ReviewReviews (1 114)

137 - 141 of 1 114 reviews

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

You must visit for breakfast and a very good cup of coffee, staff are great, place is awesome. Had a great time!

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Bati87
Reviewed 1 February 2018

Unusual but great ambience .. different to your average coffee shop! Coffee excellent, breakfast surprizingly good!

1  Thank coenirma
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

We went there during our vacation for breakfast and loved it a lot! Good service, good food and tasty coffee.

I will definitely go there again before head back to home.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

My husband, his grandparents and I came in from Australia to visit Cape Town and was recommended to visit Truth's coffee for a delicious experience. When we got there, we had told our waiter that it was our first time at the cafe and so he offered us our coffees on the house. When it came to ordering our meals, I specifically specified that they do not put any seed spread on my food as I am allergic to it and behold when my food came, there was the spread all over my Avo toast. When I told them that I specifically requested it not be there, they sent it back only for it to come back a minute later, meaning they just scraped it off and gave me back the same one instead of remaking me the Avo toast, knowing 100% there would be no trace of the spread. I had my husband eat all garnish on the top so I would not be in contact with any paste left. When we got the bill, we saw that the coffee was on the bill and when we asked the waiter why it was there when he said that it wouldn't be, he was like I never told you it would be free.
Besides lying to us, the coffee was so terrible that even adding more milk and sugar couldn't make the coffee drinkable, mind you, the coffee was 34 rand.
IN COMPLETE SHOCK WITH THE SERVICE AND ATTITUDE OF THE RESTAURANT/CAFE!
I would not put Truth's on my recommendation lists but rather put Jarrod's located in Sea Point!

1  Thank Hannah S