“The waiter says one thing while the bill says another”
Review of Truth Coffee HQ

Truth Coffee HQ
Price range: US$2 - US$20
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Truth Coffee is first and foremost a coffee roastery. We pride ourselves on artisan coffee. Secondly it is a steampunk cafe, named by MSN Travel UK's Tom Midlane, the best coffee shop in the world" and the Guardian Newspaper said, "Probably the coolest cafe in the World"
Reviewed 31 January 2018

My husband, his grandparents and I came in from Australia to visit Cape Town and was recommended to visit Truth's coffee for a delicious experience. When we got there, we had told our waiter that it was our first time at the cafe and so he offered us our coffees on the house. When it came to ordering our meals, I specifically specified that they do not put any seed spread on my food as I am allergic to it and behold when my food came, there was the spread all over my Avo toast. When I told them that I specifically requested it not be there, they sent it back only for it to come back a minute later, meaning they just scraped it off and gave me back the same one instead of remaking me the Avo toast, knowing 100% there would be no trace of the spread. I had my husband eat all garnish on the top so I would not be in contact with any paste left. When we got the bill, we saw that the coffee was on the bill and when we asked the waiter why it was there when he said that it wouldn't be, he was like I never told you it would be free.
Besides lying to us, the coffee was so terrible that even adding more milk and sugar couldn't make the coffee drinkable, mind you, the coffee was 34 rand.
IN COMPLETE SHOCK WITH THE SERVICE AND ATTITUDE OF THE RESTAURANT/CAFE!
I would not put Truth's on my recommendation lists but rather put Jarrod's located in Sea Point!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 016)

64 - 68 of 1 016 reviews

Reviewed 31 January 2018

Have been here a few times to grab some coffee and a small snack while around Cape Town, always great staff ready to help and serve.

Was there again in December and it was extremely busy, orders were slow coming out but they did communicate this before we sat down so we had absolutely no issues with this.

A must stop if you like coffee.

1  Thank Graeme C
Reviewed 25 January 2018

I love steampunk so when I found out about this place I had to go. It was easy to find, right up the road from the castle. I loved the attention to detail. All the staff are dressed in steampunk outfits, the whole place is steampunk. The coffee, tea, and pastries were all really great. The place is large so lots of seating. The service was really good and the prices were really good as well.

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

This place didn’t disappoint us with our expectations. The staffs are so friendly that they even gave us a tour in their coffee storage. The vibes of then place is really cool. Food is good and very affordable.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

The coffee is fine, the environment is too dark, the service is average. No many options of food. Nothing special, really!