“Best French Toast by far!”
Review of Truth Coffee HQ

Truth Coffee HQ
Price range: US$2 - US$20
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Truth Coffee is first and foremost a coffee roastery. We pride ourselves on artisan coffee. Secondly it is a steampunk cafe, named by MSN Travel UK's Tom Midlane, the best coffee shop in the world" and the Guardian Newspaper said, "Probably the coolest cafe in the World" At night, TRUTH. After Dark comes alive - setting the stage for late-night dessert dining with a hint of the theatrical, directed by our Paris-born, Michelin star-forged master pastry chef: “I’m bringing an experience to the plate. It’s going to be intriguing.” — Kamal Hamzaoui. Join us Tuesdays to Saturdays between 6 pm and midnight for a selection of exquisite, luxury desserts—the perfect compliment to our world-famous coffee, and a toast to your impeccable taste for the best that Cape Town has to offer when the lights go dim.
Reviewed 8 February 2016

We had breakfast at Truth and it was a great experience. Our waiter, Tatenda, was attentive and friendly. I had the ice coffee (delicious) and french toast with bacon (possibly the best thing I have ever eaten!! I even wanted to get a take away to take back to Joburg). My partner had a coffee and the eggs florentine which he said were both delicious. Will definitely be back every time we visit Cape Town.

Date of visit: February 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (1 114)

688 - 692 of 1 114 reviews

Reviewed 2 February 2016 via mobile

Great location. Not in a tourist area but easy to find. Friendly staff, unique decorations. For the coffee enthus
iasts a must.

Reviewed 2 February 2016 via mobile

Fabulous place. The vibe is great and the staff friendly. Just ate the most amazing baby calamari salad. Would definitely recommend this place

Reviewed 2 February 2016 via mobile

Best coffee shop I have visited in a long time! It was a great experience from start to finish. Had a very friendly waiter who added to the experience. Love the theme and decor! A must see in Cape Town.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

Had a nice French toast croissant with bacon. I like Truth - good coffee and food.

If I had to complain about something I'd say it is a bit hot inside. Also they had a big mix up with our order so we waited very long. Nothing serious obviously.

All in all, we had a great time, good food and we were well looked after - so the recommendation is to give the place a try!

Date of visit: January 2016