“Cramped,untidy, a bit boring”
Review of World of Birds

World of Birds Admission Ticket
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Wild life sanctuary and home to a wide variety of bird life.
Reviewed 6 July 2018

Although this place had a lot of animals (not just birds), they were housed in poor accommodation and any information was poorly presented. When we were there, there had also had an outbreak of avian flu, so I thought it irresponsible to not put themselves in quarantine.

Date of experience: April 2018
in 20 reviews
"couple of hours"
"blue route"
in 14 reviews
"the city sightseeing bus"
in 7 reviews
in 9 reviews
"enclosures"
in 100 reviews

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

I had low expectations, but had a free pass from the Blue Route bus tour option. It was actually pretty cool. Half of the flight pens you go into dont have anything blocking the bird from you. So sometimes an owl or kestrel is just sitting a foot above you in a tree. Pretty cool. Also, the Monkey jungle is adorable if you dont mind them hopping all over you. Definitely worth a stop if you're doing the Blue Route sightseeing bus route.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 3 July 2018

No one I knew had been here before we went so I had no idea what to expect. I think I assumed it would be one or two large aviaries, but it was a little more like a zoo, with different walks showcasing different bird species (in large spaces). The flamingos and waterfowl had their own little lakes to wander around in.

Now our family is almost fanatical about birds, so we didn't really care how they were presented as long as they were healthy. (At Kruger, we'll stop just as long for ground horn bills as we will for lions, if you see what I mean.)

The birds had plenty of space and seemed to enjoy interacting with us. Of course you expect that in the parrot section, but even the native birds were happy for a visit. My favorite sections were the horn bills (the trumpeters had a lot to say) and the owls (who didn't mind sleeping just a foot away).

There were marmosets and ring-tail lemurs and other small animals, too, though we didn't get to see everything.

We stayed for 1 1/2 hours and would have liked to have had more time, but we already had other things scheduled.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

I have very mixed feelings with concerns to this establishment. While the experience was enjoyable you could not help feeling uneasy seeing these beautiful animals in cramped cages. The birds were absolutely amazing and it really was a treat to see birds that one would ordinarily not see. The issue I have is not so much with the birds, but more with the small mammals. The Honey Badger was clearly stressed in the small cage and it was sad to see. Same with the other mammals. So for me this is a very difficult review to make.

Date of experience: June 2018
See more reviews
Reviewed 30 May 2018

I visited this attraction during a one week vacation in Cape Town with my 6 year old daughter. In reviewing the website, I figured this was a must see and expected it to be world class. When the Uber dropped us of though, I had some doubts. From the outside it did not look promising and I expected maybe a 30 minute visit before booking another Uber. Yet we ended up staying there for nearly THREE hours. My daughter enjoyed seeing many of the birds, especially in the enclosures one can walk through, and also the guinea pigs and marmosets, the serval cats, and most especially the spider monkey enclosure. I think we spent 45 minutes in there alone. There you can sit down or stand still as squirrel monkeys climb on you. If you or your children like birds and animals, this is a great place to visit.

Date of experience: May 2018