“Drpaulfoodlover ”
Review of Some Oaks Bistro

Some Oaks Bistro
Ranked #403 of 1 207 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

This is a place for regulars and convenient for those living nearby particularly popular with parents of boys at the schools in the area whilst in between events waiting to collect. It's a friendly place homely and incredibly well managed. Pizzas are the main attraction a very good staff adroit at perfecting the art of making them. But there are other good choices mine being a pasta especially cooked up by Joyce Tiida she makes a spaghetti al dente delicious with olive oil and Parmesan a little bit of Italy on your doorstep.

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

This is a great place for a casual meal with family and friends! The beer is cold, the food is always top rate, the staff and owner are attentive and the bill is always reasonable. The atmosphere is wonderful for familes or a social evening with friends. I must admit to not having tried much more than pizza and pasta on the menu (i love the pasta marinara and bolgnaise) because the pizza and pasta are always prepared as I like them. Beer and drink selection is wide (it would be nice to see a few craft beers featured). Be very careful of more than one "punch in the face" from the bar. I sum up by stating if you like bistro style with good food and vibe then Some Oaks is certainly worth a try.

Reviewed 16 September 2016

The choice of pizza, pasta are just different especially in toppings. Varied and flexible to make your own. Do have specials on some days.
Decor is pretty basic but the food make up for it. Ever thought of having blue cheese, onions, banana and mince? Avocado lovers will be interested ..
Doesn't stay open late but we stayed normal length so you are not rushed. Enjoy!!

Reviewed 8 August 2016

Very basic décor but good value. Pizzas are thin based and there are plenty options available. Toppings are generous. There is also a pub on the premises.

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

We visited Some Oaks on Campground Road, Rondebosch again over the weekend and I am constantly amazed by their out-of-this-world pizza (the kind that is perfect the next day for breakfast), reasonable pricing and excellent service, yet last night there were about 7 tables seated in the whole restaurant!

We had two Regina's with avo (by avo, I mean one whole avo each), a bottle of Beylerskloof Pinotage and for dessert, peppermint crisp tart!!! One of my favourite desserts ever, and although it may be "so early-2000's", it warms my heart every time I eat it.

The atmosphere is lacking. But I don't go for atmosphere, I go for great food that I can trust.

I highly recommend this family friendly pizza place.