Lowest prices for your stay
R 2 169
Breakfast included
Get rewarded with One Key
Reviews (1 402)
1 402 results
All reviews table mountain breakfast and dinner long street hotel is situated floor cbd cape rand
Selected filters
8 - 13 of 1 402 reviews
Reviewed 4 February 2023

Great Location....with view of table mountain
But an average four star (?) hotel. Room was not so clean and bed was very soft ,
About the food was the same. repetition in all three days for breakfast and dinner. Lobby bar is quite expensive.
Staffs are friendly with good service.
Stayed on 22nd June for three nights.

Room tip: yes
Date of stay: June 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2023 via mobile

Never stay here! My husband booked in on business. The company he works for left their card details on the system. To pay for his stay.
They insisted he pay for his accommodation upfront on his own card! 17,000 Rand this was. Despite numerous telephone calls and broken promises, his money has never been refunded.

Room tip: Do not stay here!
Date of stay: December 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 December 2022 via mobile

From booking to actual check in service was beyond excellent, especially Evan at reception. Hotel staff all friendly. Breakfast was excellent with a lot of choices. My mom and kids had mountain facing room. What a site to wake up to!!!. We will definitely be back next year. The only downside was the leaking bathroom.

Date of stay: December 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2022

Having stayed at the Southern Sun Cape Sun previously we thought it would be a good idea to revisit the once grand lady of the Southern Sun brand in Cape Town. What an underwhelming experience, we could have done much better! Our stay started on a false note right from the check-in. The staff behind the reception desk went through the motions methodically without really making us feel welcome, without a friendly smile but matter-of-fact, just to get us checked in and rid of. Security staff close to the elevators were just as sullen, not greeting, not friendly at all. Obviously, with Covid and the state of the economy, the hotel is a clear testimony of these. Before going out for dinner we decided a nice coffee in the hotel lounge could be ideal while we waited for our taxi. After seating ourselves and waiting for someone to see to us we gave up after 20 minutes of no-service. I then went to the bar counter, but it seemed that there was no staff member dedicated to this post with waiters moving in and out from the counter with drinks etc. not paying any attention to me. After 10 minutes of standing around I returned to my seat. Luckily a gentleman in a more senior position then enquired if we’ve been served and immediately went to sort out our order, returning a few minutes later informing us that the coffees would be on the house and apologising for the inconvenience. Having breakfast the following morning repeated our experience of lack-lustre, unfriendly staff. We were not met at the restaurant reception and after waiting for a while found ourselves a table. Nobody around hovering with a coffee pot as we have become used to at the Southern Sun Hotels, and we had to go and look for somebody and eventually got some coffee. The breakfast spread is not up to standard with scrambled eggs that have been made well before breakfast started and had become quite watery by the time we got to have breakfast. Very few attentative staff around during the underwhelming breakfast and nobody checking up whether we would like a second cup of coffee. We were really relieved we did not opt for dinner at the hotel, it would have most likely been a let-down. On checking out we were “greeted” by another unfriendly person behind the check-in desk. No questions like “How was your stay?” or “Have a nice day”, just a formality of extras that had to be paid for and that was it. We left feeling sad for the Southern Sun brand and the Cape Sun. We felt our business was not appreciated and we could have enjoyed better service and value for money elsewhere. My advice, think twice before booking at Cape Sun, I am sure there are better options.

Room tip: Avoid restaurants, rather only book for stay
Date of stay: November 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2022

I was greeted in the room by dry urine on the seat which was interesting. I feel like I did a fairly decent job cleaning the bathroom for the next person though.

People in the room adjacent smoke and this filtered through into the room I was in.

There is a wonderful, thick winter duvet under which you will sweat the entire night because the air-conditioning blows hot air no matter what setting its on. At around 3 am when u realise what the problem is, you can open the window and allow the city noise to keep you up until the sun streams in.

Service in the resturant is almost non existent, I had to find a waiter to order from, then wait 30min before having to find someone to clear the plate and pay the bill.

Breakfast quality is poor but worse is that everything is cold (ironically the air-conditioning is great in the breakfast area).

Turndown staff were having such an argument outside my door that I had to referee it to get them to quieten down.

Hotel is mostly empty but, when I complained about my room they said they would try to fix the air-conditioning over just changing out the room.

These problems are not with certain parts of the hotel, they seem perverse.

Just book an Airbnb or non Southern sun hotel like I should have done, spare yourself having to see clients after a night of no sleep.

Date of stay: October 2022