Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$110
Expedia.comUS$110
PricelineUS$110
TravelocityUS$110
Orbitz.comUS$110
Lol.travelUS$130
Reviews (1 379)
1 379 results
All reviews table mountain the hotel staff water front buffet breakfast business trip central location floor waterfront shuttle conference concierge
Selected filters
1 - 6 of 1 379 reviews
Reviewed 16 March 2020 via mobile

It’s a wonderful hotel. Breakfast goodies are limited though , simply because I love nuts. Breakfast is not different from any regular hotel, but considering that it is well located and in CapeTown, I expected more. The room is great and big. Very tidy , however they can add morning sleepers and gown ‍♀️. The service however is absolutely tops. Staff are amazing. From reception to all other areas. Of course this is Cape Town. They understand how to get customers coming back. I recommend the hotel but because it’s a business trip , I did not book myself so I can’t comment about value for money.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Ryno Dippenaar, Guest Services / Front Office at Southern Sun Cape Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2020

Dear tsheozamoloto2006

Thank you for taking the time to review the stay experience you had at the Southern Sun Cape Sun.

We are delighted that you had a wonderful business trip stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 March 2020 via mobile

The location is excellent, the check in is five star and service with a smile ans welcoming.
The room have all the amenities and large and cosy.
Shuttle to the waterfront every hour from and to the hotel.
Would highly recommend for holiday or business travellers.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank subhash316
Ryno Dippenaar, Guest Services / Front Office at Southern Sun Cape Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2020

Dear subhash316

Thank you for taking the time to review the stay you had at the Southern Sun Cape Sun.

We are absolutely delighted that you had an excellent stay and thank you for recommending us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Cape Town.

Reviewed 6 March 2020 via mobile

Welcoming was very welcoming, reception checked me quickly, parking using valet was superb, breakfast was delicious, plenty of option sto choose from, they just need to expand the bar area make it more modern and attractive. The room service is great, the staff are always friendly and offering help. Tom's are clean and comfortable, will stay again here

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Sibs18

Dear Sibs18

We are absolutely delighted that you had a good stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Cape Town.

Reviewed 6 March 2020

exellent,i would recomend to my family members when they want to came to Capetown to use the hotel Because is next to the Paliament,Waterfront for shoping,next to the tablemountan totake the familt for taring,the facility for sports ground is not very Far.

Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Dear mahlangu69

We are delighted that you had a good stay with us and look forward to welcoming you and your family back for many more visits.

Reviewed 1 March 2020

Southern Sun Cape Sun offers best views of the city and the Table Mountain. After hiccups in my previous stays, this hotel has won me over. My last 2 stays were excellent. This time I spent 5 nights at the hotel and felt at home. My room on the 30th floor was beautiful. I had the view of the table mountain from my bed. It was majestic to wake every morning to such a site. As if that was not enough the glass lifts/elevators allows for beautiful views of the table mountain and city as you go up or descend.

They still do old fashion hospitality " customer is king". The service is excellent there is always someone around to assist. Everyone from security, reception, porters and waiters were excellent. Pheto was exceptional as a host at the restaurant.

Room tip: Rooms on the top floor facing the table mountain are the best
Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Sbudatraveller

Dear Sbudatraveller

We are absolutely delighted that you had an excellent stay and that we managed to won you over from your previous stay, in which you experienced some hiccups.

I agree with you that the views from our rooms, over Cape Town, are simply the best.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.