Reviews (1 137)
1 137 results
All reviewstable mountainstrand streettsogo sunfree shuttleshuttle serviceroom servicelong streetthe hotel staffwater frontper daybuffet breakfastenjoyed my stayexcellent hotelrooms are spaciousthe hotel offersbusiness hotelcentral location
110 - 115 of 1 137 reviews
Reviewed 2 February 2018

You feel very special when you are there you are like their only client and you want to comeback for more and they know your needs before you even raise them and the solution is already prepared to make you even more happy

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Ryno D, Head Concierge at Southern Sun Cape Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Dear zwelibanzi2017

Thank you for taking the time to review the stay you had at the Southern Sun Cape Sun.

I was delighted to receive your comment regarding the special service you received. I have taken the liberty of sharing your kind words with the team as we always strive to provide our guests with a distinctive service. Your words were visibly heartening to them.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

I had reason to email the general manger of the hotel, Jacques Moolman, during my last stay at the Cape Sun. I said please and thank you. He never responded.
This tells you everything you need to know about the service at the Cape Sun.
Suffice to say that it's pretty awful.
The door to my hotel room doesn't work properly, only one lift works (in a 32-storey building) and it was quicker to order UberEats and than it was to wait for room service. Or service in the Le Bar and Lounge at all.
This is fairly extraordinary given that the last time I stayed the hotel I complained to Ryno Dippenaar about the really terrible service but refrained from saying so on TripAdvisor. He promised things would improve. They've gotten worse.
The accompanying pictures give you an idea of the restaurant in the hotel. There's not much more to add than tables overflowing with rubbish.
The Cape Sun in its heyday was Cape Town's most glamorous location with a nightclub, palm trees and Anneline Kriel in a Ferrrari. In 2018 it is a poorly managed, badly run embarrassment - starting from the top.
Would definitely not recommend it.
Finally, I'm a Tsogo Sun Black Card holder (the highest tier) - and if it's this bad for me - imagine how awful it must be for everyone else.

Room Tip: The higher you go the better the view but it doesn't excuse the awful service
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Robert T
Reviewed 29 January 2018

Generally had a wonderful two days and two nights at the hotel. The taste of the sumptuous meals and the sweet wines will linger on for some time. Proximity to shops was a bonus as I could walk to and from the malls.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Ryno D, other at Southern Sun Cape Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Dear stanelym2018

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I agree that our location is very convenient to access all major attractions in Cape Town.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Awesome!
Rooms were spacious
Food was good
Service at the restaurant needs to improve
Location was perfect for business meetings
Staff was always courteous
View from the rooms were amazing
It was a bit noisy on the outside at night

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business

Dear preishad2018

We are delighted that you had an awesome stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Cape Town.

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely stay! Value for money. Good breakfast and centrally located. They’re efficient and their is water! They have a water saving shower head which doubles up as a two minute massage. Save your water. The water in the basin took a while to go down but I assume it’s a water saving technique. They only give you a small bottle of water to drink and brush your teeth with so take extra or order more!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Ryno D, other at Southern Sun Cape Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2018

Dear brandiva_za

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your support and understanding during this drought Cape Town is experiencing.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to our beautiful city.