Reviews (1 150)
1 150 results
All reviews table mountain strand street tsogo sun free shuttle shuttle service room service long street the hotel staff water front per day buffet breakfast enjoyed my stay excellent hotel rooms are spacious the hotel offers business hotel central location
350 - 355 of 1 150 reviews
Reviewed 23 January 2017

I enjoyed my short stay with the unobstructed view of the Table Mountain. The stay was very comfortable; the food was great; the staff was very friendly despite the fact that at the time the hotel had full capacity.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Ryno D, Head Concierge at Southern Sun Cape Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2017

Dear Jane M

We are delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Cape Town.

Reviewed 20 January 2017

We really felt welcomed and the kids received sweets on arrival as well which made the check in process even smoother. The views from the lift were amazing and the mountain view from my room on the 29th floor was spectacular of Table Mountain especially during sunset and sunrise.
It's a good value for money hotel.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Dear Astrid743

I was delighted to read that you and the kids felt welcomed during your stay and I fully agree that the views from our lifts are absolutely amazing.

We look forward to welcoming you and the family back on your next visit to Cape Town.

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

Lovely room with gorgeous view! Service has been fabulous... I forgot all my toiletries and Housekeeping helped me out within minutes with a toothbrush kit.
Food has been delish too! Staff v helpful too!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Ryno D, Head Concierge at Southern Sun Cape Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2017

Dear Sandy K

I was delighted to receive your comments regarding the great service you received during your stay. I have taken the liberty of sharing your kind words with the team as we always strive to provide our guests with a distinctive service.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Cape Town.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

My husband made a booking for us at the Southern Sun Cape Sun hotel on Friday the 6th of January.We arrived at the hotel and tried to book in..The booking was cancelled by the booking agents and my husband then phoned them, as the booking was already paid.
I went to the bar lounge with ou luggage from where I kept an eye on them.. My heart was poundering.. I then saw my husband handing the phone over to the booking manager..Within a minute the problem was sorted out. We were booked into a nice double room on the 30th floor.. From the glass lifts we could have a view over the city.. Within seconds the lift took us where we want to be.. The room was luxerious with big windows and everything on hand that we needed.
We were notified that we have a shuttle which leave every hour to the Waterfront for us to make use of, as it was included in our package.. Unfortunately we already had been booked for a show at the Artscape and had to leave for the evening. We saw the musical "Annie" When we got back to the Hotel, we ordered room sevice as there were no time for supper..

The following morning we enjoyed a nice buffet breakfast. As the Sri Lanka cricket team and their family also stayed over in the hotel, my husband enjoyed it tremendously as he made a new friend with one of the players.
If I can summerize this stay in three words.. "NOT ENOUGH TIME" If you can, don't book a night only.. Book 2 nights. There is so much to expierence

Stayed: January 2017
Ryno D, Head Concierge at Southern Sun Cape Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2017

Dear Aloma C

We are delighted that you enjoyed your overnight stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Cape Town.

Reviewed 16 January 2017

The rooms are beautiful, however you are just a room number and not necessarily seen as people, however I will say that once they realised how dissatisfied I was, halfway through my week stay and after speaking to the correct person Shawn Ferreira, they went out of their way to make up for any errors .

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Dear X2447TGamandas

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at the Southern Sun Cape Sun. It is valuable feedback such as yours that allows us to continuously improve our service delivery.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the lack of service excellence during your recent stay with us as this is by no means the standard we offer our valued guests.
Rest assured we are in the process of addressing the shortcomings, to ensure that we improve the experience for our guests from arrival to departure at The Cape Sun Hotel.

Once again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.