“great location”

Southern Sun Cape Sun
Ranked #35 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 23 January 2017

Its easy to get around through the My citi station which is nearby, supermarket and restaurants are close by, there is a shuttle to the V&A mall every hour and shuttle back every half hour. The staff is moderately friendly and is willing to assist especially the concierge staff.
the breakfast is good however the menu could be improved or alternated. my family was not impressed with the dinner menu, which lacks variety.

The rooms are nice and spacious ( we occupied two family room - with 2 double beds per room in the 19th floor). Both rooms had spectacular views of the mountains ; Table Mountain and the Lions Head mountain.
The bathrooms especially the toilets needs care. the toilet has accumulated disgusting dirt.

The hotel has a kids zone on the second floor which was minded by two young ladies who lacked proper control in terms of ensuring the kids are safe and do not wonder off. the place itself is just an open space and lacks playing equipment, movie area has just a 32cm television and pillows on the floor. The idea is nice however needs to be done right especial on the side of safety of children.

The hotel offers free WiFi, that is 500mb per day, anything beyond that is charged. I cant comment of the strength as neither of my family members used it.

Overall I enjoyed my stay I would use the hotel again and probably would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Ryno D, Head Concierge at Southern Sun Cape Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2017

Dear Sne K

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at the Southern Sun Cape Sun. It is valuable feedback such as yours that allows us to continuously improve our service delivery.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Ryno D

Write a ReviewReviews (1 003)

217 - 221 of 1 003 reviews

Reviewed 23 January 2017

I enjoyed my short stay with the unobstructed view of the Table Mountain. The stay was very comfortable; the food was great; the staff was very friendly despite the fact that at the time the hotel had full capacity.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Ryno D, Head Concierge at Southern Sun Cape Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2017

Dear Jane M

We are delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Cape Town.

Reviewed 20 January 2017

We really felt welcomed and the kids received sweets on arrival as well which made the check in process even smoother. The views from the lift were amazing and the mountain view from my room on the 29th floor was spectacular of Table Mountain especially during sunset and sunrise.
It's a good value for money hotel.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Dear Astrid743

I was delighted to read that you and the kids felt welcomed during your stay and I fully agree that the views from our lifts are absolutely amazing.

We look forward to welcoming you and the family back on your next visit to Cape Town.

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

Lovely room with gorgeous view! Service has been fabulous... I forgot all my toiletries and Housekeeping helped me out within minutes with a toothbrush kit.
Food has been delish too! Staff v helpful too!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business

Dear Sandy K

I was delighted to receive your comments regarding the great service you received during your stay. I have taken the liberty of sharing your kind words with the team as we always strive to provide our guests with a distinctive service.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Cape Town.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

My husband made a booking for us at the Southern Sun Cape Sun hotel on Friday the 6th of January.We arrived at the hotel and tried to book in..The booking was cancelled by the booking agents and my husband then phoned them, as the booking was already paid.
I went to the bar lounge with ou luggage from where I kept an eye on them.. My heart was poundering.. I then saw my husband handing the phone over to the booking manager..Within a minute the problem was sorted out. We were booked into a nice double room on the 30th floor.. From the glass lifts we could have a view over the city.. Within seconds the lift took us where we want to be.. The room was luxerious with big windows and everything on hand that we needed.
We were notified that we have a shuttle which leave every hour to the Waterfront for us to make use of, as it was included in our package.. Unfortunately we already had been booked for a show at the Artscape and had to leave for the evening. We saw the musical "Annie" When we got back to the Hotel, we ordered room sevice as there were no time for supper..

The following morning we enjoyed a nice buffet breakfast. As the Sri Lanka cricket team and their family also stayed over in the hotel, my husband enjoyed it tremendously as he made a new friend with one of the players.
If I can summerize this stay in three words.. "NOT ENOUGH TIME" If you can, don't book a night only.. Book 2 nights. There is so much to expierence

Stayed: January 2017
Ryno D, Head Concierge at Southern Sun Cape Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2017

Dear Aloma C

We are delighted that you enjoyed your overnight stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Cape Town.