“My friends get together spot.”
Review of Fat Cactus

Fat Cactus
Ranked #103 of 1 193 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 January 2020

My friends and I love fat cactus. I have had my birthday there a few times over the last 5 years. Owen is great and I was sad to hear Brett had left he was really cool.

The food is always great and jam jugs the best in town. Ginger bread tequila isn't experience too.

I have only had one really bad experience and that's why this review is not a 5. The service was basically non-existent and they got our booking number completely wrong. I could see the waiter was a new guy but just not what I have come to expect. I would love to see some consistency in service at such a great place because it does have its ups and downs.

I will always recommend people to come here. Good food,good portions and good pricing. Even better that it's slightly off of the main restruant road.

Date of visit: December 2019

Reviewed 6 November 2019

A group of friends and I visited in October 2019. There was a great buzz in the restaurant. If its a warm evening, sit aside.We sat aside and the restaurant was busy with people flowing and it was wonderful sitting outside. The food is a true authentic Mexican cuisine. We all had different dishes and they were all tasty and filling. Have the chilli poppers as a starter!

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 30 October 2019

We had dinner at the Fat Cactus in Gardens with our kids aged 6 and 12. There is no specific kiddies menu but they were very accommodating and created a chicken strips meal for my youngest. The restaurant has a great vibe and the service was excellent. We will be back!

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 6 October 2019

The Fat Cactus serves your usual Tex-Mex food and drinks. All really tasty and the way it should be. Portions are really big (if not - huge), which is a bit of a shame (I dont like to waste food, but it was impossible for us to finish the huge amount of food).

We had Tacos and Nachos and waited almost an hour for them. We were not in a hurry, and there was a group of about 10 persons on the terrace. But still - waiting an hour for two very simple dishes just didnt feel right. Especially compared to all the other dining experiences we had in Cape Town.

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank swisstraveller002
Reviewed 25 September 2019 via mobile

I’ve been living in Angola for almost 6 months. Needless to say, nachos aren’t readily available there. Never having nachos in Africa I didn’t know what to expect. Without question, these were some of the best nachos I’ve ever had. We also had the chicken basket and a quesadilla to share. Everything was amazing! I’ll be back to every time I’m in Cape Town.

Date of visit: September 2019