“Margarita's are bomb! Great Tex-Mex food”
Review of Fat Cactus

Fat Cactus
Ranked #145 of 1 299 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 January 2016

The margarita jugs are out of this world! The nacho's also come highly recommended (chorizo, jalapeno and feta). Always a buzzing atmosphere at this great place.

Date of visit: January 2016

Reviewed 5 January 2016

We stopped here for lunch after seeing how busy this place was the night before. It was a little chaotic during deliveries for the coming evening, but the outside terrace made for a pleasant place to sit and watch while waiting for our food. Which is good because it took quite a while for the food to arrive.

I must say that this was a unique take on Mexican, and I couldn't quite tell if it was intentionally a cartoonish take on the cuisine or not, but it was one of a kind and frankly quite good. I had tacos, and it was the first time I've had a hard-shell taco in at least a decade. However, they were delicious, filling, and perfect after a morning long trip around the top of Table Mtn.

I recommend the Striped Horse beer over their local cerveza. It's closer to a good Mexican beer anyway and very satisfying.

Reviewed 31 December 2015 via mobile

Visited Fat Cactus for the 2nd time two weeks ago. We were 2 couples at an outside table. Wind was a little unpleasant, but the food, the drink and the vibe more than made up for that. The Iceberg is really refreshing. I can vouch for the enchillada. Great stuff. The service was good. Pricing is reasonable. A group of party girls had the table next to us. They were super festive and ended buying our table 2 rounds of drinks to apologise for being noisy (even though they were more fun than nuisance). Looking forward to my next visit.

Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

Had dinner with family here. Food was simply delicious, the margarita was excellent. The staff was good too. After a long time I had some excellent Mexican food. I will definitely visit this place again.

Reviewed 28 December 2015

I love Mexican food and this meal hit the spot! The margaritas were great, so was the chips & salsa/dip appetizer. The menu had plenty of options including burgers and pulled pork. Great restaurant!